New Cali Exhaust Law

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Wonder if this law will eventually skew Cali hotrodders to turbo over blowers. My dumped turbo was way quieter than my full exhaust blower setup.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You want to see some real gut turning shit? Check this out... Happening now at a freeway on ramp near you! (if you're in CA)

Roadside Emission Test Checkpoint

7758552-C-4-E3-C-4231-B783-B34407444-B6-D.png

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Makes you wonder if/when this place will ever again turn Red and what type of catastrophic event will need to take place in order for that to happen.

Not until all of the millions of voting illegal aliens are deported from Cali. But with Reconquista being the ultimate goal, that will never happen.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Just when you think that state can't get any worse lol. I'm going to fabulous fords in April out there, I wounder if they're going to pull me over for my exhaust lol.

MFE

Established Member
You want to see some real gut turning shit? Check this out... Happening now at a freeway on ramp near you! (if you're in CA)

Roadside Emission Test Checkpoint

View attachment 1542362

This has been going on for years, and I actually applaud it. Rather than burdening the entire motoring public by requiring them get their cars tested, only to have most pass anyway, and have many of those who do fail, do so on petty equipment violations regardless of whether they might have actually passed a sniffer test...not to mention those who cheat to pass...this system singles out only the actual pollution offenders. Bravo. If we could do the same with drunk drivers instead of forcing a gauntlet on a largely innocent public, I'd support that too.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Do we have any actual LEO's out there from CA that can attest to this whole thing? SO far all the fb groups are in a hissy but to me it sounds like more of the same. These types of things give cops ammo to go after the douchenozzles who run around with chopped mufflers and no cats. Me with a simple catback? Not too worried.

However, sounds like theres a $1k fine regardless, yet they give you a ref ticket, and then say you go to ref it and you are within the legal decibel limit (ie 95db @ 25', which it takes quite a bit to go over that), does that mean you can fight that $1k fine in court once its proven you are not violating the ref (supercedes) limit? Why should anyone have to pay a fine if the ref says theyre good to go?

And theyve been doing the roadside smog stations since the early 00's. Nowadays though, if you are newer than a certain year, its only a scanner anyways. They cannot force you to do a sniffer test if you don't need one come smog time anyways.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This has been going on for years, and I actually applaud it. Rather than burdening the entire motoring public by requiring them get their cars tested, only to have most pass anyway, and have many of those who do fail, do so on petty equipment violations regardless of whether they might have actually passed a sniffer test...not to mention those who cheat to pass...this system singles out only the actual pollution offenders. Bravo. If we could do the same with drunk drivers instead of forcing a gauntlet on a largely innocent public, I'd support that too.

Huh? No.

This is not in leiu of biannual smog checks.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Do we have any actual LEO's out there from CA that can attest to this whole thing? SO far all the fb groups are in a hissy but to me it sounds like more of the same. These types of things give cops ammo to go after the douchenozzles who run around with chopped mufflers and no cats. Me with a simple catback? Not too worried.

However, sounds like theres a $1k fine regardless, yet they give you a ref ticket, and then say you go to ref it and you are within the legal decibel limit (ie 95db @ 25', which it takes quite a bit to go over that), does that mean you can fight that $1k fine in court once its proven you are not violating the ref (supercedes) limit? Why should anyone have to pay a fine if the ref says theyre good to go?

And theyve been doing the roadside smog stations since the early 00's. Nowadays though, if you are newer than a certain year, its only a scanner anyways. They cannot force you to do a sniffer test if you don't need one come smog time anyways.

These are not roadside smog stations where youre pulled in and strapped to a smog dyno.

This is unmanned equipment THAT SNIFFS YOUR EXHAUST as you pass by that is designed to trap you without you even knowing it.

Read the link again (or for the first time).

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
These are not roadside smog stations where youre pulled in and strapped to a smog dyno.

This is unmanned equipment THAT SNIFFS YOUR EXHAUST as you pass by that is designed to trap you without you even knowing it.

Read the link again (or for the first time).

Ah ****ing technology.

Still not worried, have all my cats and my shits tuned.

plus, "(3) Vehicle owners are mailed a letter asking them to participate in a voluntary vehicle repair program."

So, like jury duty, shred it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I watched this one last night.
I was shaking my head the whole way through. Sucks for the California car people.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ah ****ing technology.

Still not worried, have all my cats and my shits tuned.

plus, "(3) Vehicle owners are mailed a letter asking them to participate in a voluntary vehicle repair program."

So, like jury duty, shred it.

Exactly on the voluntary part, but like everything... now youre on the radar and will probably be required to be smogged every year with tags vs. every 2 years.

Who knows. ... These Commies are really, really something else.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Exactly on the voluntary part, but like everything... now youre on the radar and will probably be required to be smogged every year with tags vs. every 2 years.

Who knows. ... These Commies are really, really something else.

Agreed. Though I just got a thing in the mail, dont need to even see a smog guy until 2022 since they extended the 7yr rule to 9yrs. Then even at that its scanner only. Got my OEM ECU for that (plus swap it for dealer trips, never know when these asshats will flash stock firmware thinking theyre doing you a solid not knowing they wiped a $400 tune).

Users who are viewing this thread