New buyer question

pghpp74

Established Member
I am soon to be the owner of a 2003 Cobra (I think). Do you guys think $22,800 is a good price for a bone stock convertible with 12,500 miles. This car looks to be showroom clean. It is red with a black roof.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I would say that's pretty reasonable, especially factoring in the fact that it is a Vert with only 12,500 miles.

pghpp74

Established Member
I am going to look at it on Thursday but the owner said the only change is the air filter and the cobra on the front grill.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
In that case it seems like good deal. Just make sure you look closely at the car (engine, exhaust, interior, etc) to make sure it is really stock (I am sure it is).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Check it out thoroughly and ask all of the right questions. I have some info on my website that will help you. Tips When Buying a Used Terminator

Be sure to get a Carfax, too. If the car has truly been stock and not de-modded, and was not beaten on at the track, then I'd say that price for a convertible with only 12,500 miles is pretty good. JMO.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
+1 ... not a bad price at all for the miles.. and bone stock cobras are hard to come by... not being modified might just mean the owner didnt dog the car a lot... but def find out if the car has seen much strip time.. and check out bobs link too!

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Check it out thoroughly and ask all of the right questions. I have some info on my website that will help you. Tips When Buying a Used Terminator

Be sure to get a Carfax, too. If the car has truly been stock and not de-modded, and was not beaten on at the track, then I'd say that price for a convertible with only 12,500 miles is pretty good. JMO.

Just want to pigy back on CobraBob's comment, get the VIN and go to your Ford dealer and ask for an Oasis report as well.

pghpp74

Established Member
Thanks for all of the great info. I did run the vin through Ford and besides some nickel and dime stuff the car looks good. I also have the FAQ page and will be taking it with me to inspect the car. I'll let you guys know how it goes and post pics if I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread