New Boss setup!

Elwood617

Established Member
There's guys on here running low 11's at high 1 teens and 120 mph traps on stock manifold...1 of them here locally in Tampa did on stock manifold with stock intake and catless X through stock catback on 18" DR's.

Auto or manual? Either way it's impressive, just learning here :)

69camaro...

Established Member
I was beating them in Et and trap. What is your et? The stock manifold starts to fall off at 6500, so it's interesting that you're choosing to run it out.
I'll look into the JPC car. But, I thought they switched out to the stock manifold with the turbo car.
I found JPCs Coyote stock car running 10s n/a with the stock manifold.

Car hasnt been to the track yet. I wont even go unless i have good tires or else its a waste of time. When i had the car dyno'd, it made power until 6800 then started to fall off. Its not drastic, but it will get me through the traps pushing 7k rpm. Stock intake has great potential without needing to rev out so high with a boss or CJ. Id rather spend money making the car lighter for the cost of a CJ with intake, new tune etc etc.

Last edited:

Elwood617

Established Member
Car hasnt been to the track yet. I wont even go unless i have good tires or else its a waste of time. When i had the car dyno'd, it made power until 6800 then started to fall off. Its not drastic, but it will get me through the traps pushing 7k rpm. Stock intake has great potential

That's what I figured, the fall off losses less time than another shift.
The stock intake is great, especially for nitrous and autos.

69camaro...

Established Member
I cant wait to spray it. But i want to throw a drag setup on it, and a 1 pce drive shaft to kill some more weight. Theres too many boss/CJ's now, have to be different :)

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Car hasnt been to the track yet. I wont even go unless i have good tires or else its a waste of time. When i had the car dyno'd, it made power until 6800 then started to fall off. Its not drastic, but it will get me through the traps pushing 7k rpm. Stock intake has great potential without needing to rev out so high with a boss or CJ. Id rather spend money making the car lighter for the cost of a CJ with intake, new tune etc etc.

I'm going for the light car with Boss manifold setup...Also looking at doing the aluminum DS and other light goodies...

Speedwagon

Established Member
Speedwagon...Low end torque is a little less than with stock manifold, but the high end power that carries through to 7700+ rpm's make up for that. You do have to use a good tuner to get the most of the rev range or I'm sure you really could lose a LOT of low end if they don't know what they're doing....

Thanks dude!! I appreciate the feed back. I think I'm going to go with ARH LT headers and catted X pipe and AirRaid CAI before I get into the 302 IM. Do you know if I'll need a tune after I replace the headers and mid pipe?? Thanks!

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Thanks dude!! I appreciate the feed back. I think I'm going to go with ARH LT headers and catted X pipe and AirRaid CAI before I get into the 302 IM. Do you know if I'll need a tune after I replace the headers and mid pipe?? Thanks!

You DEFINITELY need a tune for all that stuff. Thank you

69camaro...

Established Member
I'm going for the light car with Boss manifold setup...Also looking at doing the aluminum DS and other light goodies...

After i throw on my big and littles and DS ill track it, then see if ill need the boss or not. Its very attainable to make our cars light. Have you scaled yours yet?

Users who are viewing this thread