New AM Charcoal Saleen Wheels

Yankeeman

Established Member
I purchased an oxford white 03 Cobra last month and have been considering changing the wheels from Chrome 18" Saleen's to the newly released Charcoal Saleen's from AM. What are your opinions on AM' s Charcoal finish, and would they match the car? Changing the top this week from tan to black.

d1416a257f1b42e23eb647c169f02dbb.gif

7c9832317cb66fa083af5ad5300477b8.gif

8bafff6c5280d86fbadd0801c040d4e6.gif

5b37f8e837e0eb4c6f49e5e2597491e3.gif

Yankeeman

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully others will chime in. I'm curious to hear what others think. I'm finding that there aren't too many wheel options available

03' White Snake

Established Member
Hey twin!!! I prefer a little bling on mine, so I will always have chrome or polished wheels.

Your new wheels will match nice with the black top. :beer:

Yankeeman

Established Member
Twins for sure white snake! Your car is awesome! I really like the chrome but want my car to look different from the way it looked when I made the purchase. I agree that white looks goods with chrome or polished wheels. I'm leaning toward the purchase because it is a new release and different. I think the center caps take away from the wheel. Do you know if the SVT center caps would fit?

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Twins for sure white snake! Your car is awesome! I really like the chrome but want my car to look different from the way it looked when I made the purchase. I agree that white looks goods with chrome or polished wheels. I'm leaning toward the purchase because it is a new release and different. I think the center caps take away from the wheel. Do you know if the SVT center caps would fit?

I don't think svt ones fit saleens, but you could buy some OEM saleen center caps and put those in. I think that would look best!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
pretty cool they brought them back...I used to have those on my old 02 GT back about ten years ago. Always got a lot of compliments on them. I'll try and dig up a pic

03' White Snake

Established Member
Hard to say if the center caps will fit. Wheel replica saleens have a smaller diameter center cap. I think American Muscle uses stack racing which have the larger diameter caps so the stock SVT caps sill fit.

I made my own SVT caps for my Saleen reps as mine are the wheel Replicas.

ZincSVT

Established Member
Did you mount those charcoal wheels. I'm in a similar dilemma I just bought a white vert with chrome wheels and thinking of putting charcoal ones on!

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
There's an OW coupe that is wearing these and it looks fantastic. Trying to find the link to the thread now, will post up if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread