New Addition - Our First Great Dane

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Gunner is looking good, happy birthday dude!

It takes him longer to get up and down stairs now and he has bouts with stomach issues, but he's still sharp as ever and will not let you walk by our house without letting you know your on his sidewalk. ;)

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Gunner is looking good, happy birthday dude
It takes him longer to get up and down stairs now and he has bouts with stomach issues, but he's still sharp as ever and will not let you walk by our house without letting you know your on his sidewalk. ;)

Whenever Ellie had stomach issues we would make a rice, sweet potato, beef liver, and chicken breast concoction that cleared things up pretty quick. Even if she didn’t want to eat at all she would kill this stuff.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking good man! I’ll let you know if we make that WI trip this summer.
Gunner still a beast.
-J

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member

You're telling us that your pooch is 12 years old...Call Guinness and good for you.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Been boozin' a little today, have ya?

Where did I say he was 12 years old and why would a 12 year old GD be in the Guinness Book of World Records?

OK, 10 then...You started this post in 2012 with a dog named Gunner.

Booky

Established Member
OK, 10 then...You started this post in 2012 with a dog named Gunner.

96dff9edea925a09e7a343532d5a5619.gif

Booky

Established Member
Introducing our latest foster, Tators, or as I like to call him, Jack, which my wife does not find funny.

Tators comes from a reservation in SD. He has had it pretty rough since his attempt to play with a porcupine.

They got as many quills out as they could and we were hoping they could save his eye, but it just kept getting worse and it had to come out yesterday.

Tators will stay with us until he has healed properly before he goes up for adoption. Tators is a good soul and will be an Awesome addition to a lucky family.

IMG_7757 copy 2.jpg

IMG_6996 copy 2.jpeg

Booky

Established Member
Introducing Bruno. He is not a foster, more of a play date once or twice a week for Gunner and Gracie while his foster owner is at work.
Bruno's only flaw is his heightened separation anxiety, which when left alone, can be very destructive. Most days there is someone in his foster family at home that prevents this.
Bruno is an Awesome pup and will make a great addition to a fortunate family.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Introducing Bruno. He is not a foster, more of a play date once or twice a week for Gunner and Gracie while his foster owner is at work.
Bruno's only flaw is his heightened separation anxiety, which when left alone, can be very destructive. Most days there is someone in his foster family at home that prevents this.
Bruno is an Awesome pup and will make a great addition to a fortunate family.

Rent free bro. ;)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
We just got out first great dane. Shes a female pup. We took her to the dog beach at huntington beach a few weeks ago and ran into a few other GDs. these two belonged to a couple that have had many. They told us ours is a European GD. They have one each in the pic here. They were HUGE! ours is the black pup with pink leash on the right. My wife named her Ladybird. All the women seem to love it, i just sigh and roll my eyes lol

Shes seven months old now and has already grown quite a bit since we got her (other pics). Shes a big goofball. Shown with our pug pup.

IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG
IMG_2895.JPG

View attachment 1762184View attachment 1762185

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Booky

Established Member
Gunner may be old, but he still has some play left in him.

Booky

Established Member
Update: We got to celebrate Gunner's 11th Birthday the other day.

He is still soldiering on, but the writing's on the wall. He's having episodes of labored heavy breathing and he is starting to lose his appetite. He also struggles to go up and down stairs as his rear end is getting weak.
It's difficult to watch it happen, but we all know it's part of life. Getting old just sucks!

Anyway, Happy Birthday Mr. Gunner

IMG_7531.jpeg

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Happy 11th to him! (y)

That's incredible, he's definitely beating the odds! I sure hope my Wolfhounds get to that age!

Users who are viewing this thread