NEW 2010 GT500 Wheels on 04 BLK Vert

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Perfect !!! I love flush faced wheels, those 18s look like 19s bro
Im glad somebody went new Shelby on a Terminator.

pacific4v

Established Member
I have to agree with everyone else, they look sick. I'd like to see them on an sn95. I was real tempted to get them for mine, but I stuck with the saleens.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Those almost look like a custom, higher-end wheel when bolted on to the New Edge body style. Nice! :beer:

xenodragon

Established Member
Looks awesome, I will probably do it on mine now, I have been looking for some good looking black rims but I didnt want saleens and TF was too expensive for me

SicShelby09

Banned
Careful with those AM wheels. I had the same ones, and the casting was completely off on 3 out of 4 of them. Then AM sent me another set that they claimed they looked at and spun on a balancer, and those were all bad. I had my local shop spin them on the balancer before the tires were mounted, and they all called for more than 4oz a wheel...>WITH NO TIRES MOUNTED! And one of them was seriously miscast. You could visually see it wobbling when it was spun on the balancer. The machine said the wheel could not be balanced. They are garbage, hope you got a good set. But if you have had any issues with balancing, atleast now you will know why. I sent them all back, and had the same shop powdercoat my stockers gloss black. Much happier now.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Wow, those look good

I have seen these wheels on a few 03/04 cobras and they all looked like garbage

I can honestly say, these look good and match the look of the car very nicely. I am impressed.

NERDKILLER

Established Member
Look's awesome I have found my new wheels. any fitment issues did u get them from ford racing. I would like to order these asap so any info would be great. Thanks

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
sic shelby... i will keep an eye on the wheels, going to get the car aligned soon will have the wheels looked at then. as far as fitment issues with the 18x10 in the rear and a 285 /35 sumo tire the (stock) irs bolt was too close for my liking so i went with a 5/16 inch spacer which brings out the rear wheel just enough to sit even with the front wheel. it needs a bigger tire on the 10 inch rim but it will do for now. i ordered them through american muscle and the 285 sumitomo was the biggest they had. Since i'm driving the car daily i didnt want to go with a nitto that wouldnt have lasted as long. i have got so many compliments driving around town. i absolutily love the look and the fact the factory svt caps fit right in is awsome. Today i just placed an order for a new touch screen pioneer head unit and new speaks all the way around and amp and 10 inch sub. as far as visually i just put a new fuel door on today and will be powdercoating the calipers and getting new drilled and slotted rotors when the time comes to do brakes. Also just installed a jlt cold air intake and took the stock pully cover off, and my brother game me his x cal 3 im gonna put some tunes on it for the stock pulley size until i have time to get together some go fast goodies.

needles to say ive been very busy working on it a little every day or so. Looking forward to my photoshoot with my 99 lightning and the new cobra very soon as soon as weather breaks around here

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Weird... you had to run a spacer with 285s, and those 18 inch wheels, to clear the IRS bolt? I assumed those GT500 wheels from AM where similar in fitment to FR500 wheels. I have 295s on my FR500s, and no clearance issues at all without a spacer.

Again though, your car looks great! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread