New 2.9 whipple + header numbers

03killersnake

Wh1ppl3d F3d
Established Member
Ok, so Before I had 21 lbs of boost and made 610 rwhp. Now I added MAC long tube headers catted X pipe(already had Cats on the 610rwhp tune) The car put down 644 rwhp and 570 rwtq just adding headers. boost dropped to 19-20 lbs of boost. Very happy with the tune 93 pump gas and 17 * timing. just putting my numbers out there.

Mods:2.9 L whipple 3.50 pulley, 60 lbs injectors, Dual pump Lethal return fuel system, JLT RAI with a 110 mm MAF/SCT ba 5000, MAC long tube headers with lethal catted X and SLP LM2 cat back.

Next to do is MMR Stage 3 ported heads, stage 3 comp cams, 3.73's, and 23-24 psi of boost on 110 race fuel. :beer:

03killersnake

Wh1ppl3d F3d
Established Member
Yea it feels like a monster for sure. I'm in Virginia, EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORT tuned it. Yea I know know its kinda risky but they have a procharged 03 on 24-25 psi on 93 pump gas making 825+ kinda crazy . I have stock pulley IDK why i pull so much boost.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Really? Is there any issue going with comp cams and crower springs? Or should the cams and springs match companies?

No issues, as long as the springs used are correct for the camshaft being used.

I have Crower springs and Comp cams.

There are only a few companies that manufacture valve springs and sell to companies like Crower and Comp. I know Comp and Livernois had a bad batch that were most likely from the same source.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Yea it feels like a monster for sure. I'm in Virginia, EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORT tuned it. Yea I know know its kinda risky but they have a procharged 03 on 24-25 psi on 93 pump gas making 825+ kinda crazy . I have stock pulley IDK why i pull so much boost.

Congrats on the numbers. Excessive is awesome!

SlowSVT

Established Member

Your engine is on borrowed time running 93 octane on a car pullied for 20 lbs. The fact the boost level dropped with headers doesn't make any difference. All it will take is a bad batch of gas or a lean injector and you have yourself a blown motor, lots of down time and a $6000 repair bill.

A procharged engine may get away with it because it will only see boost 1/4 of the time your engine will.

I can't count the number of times this scenario get repeated (one just bit the dust a few hours ago :nonono:).

Consider a J&S Vampire. Might save your engine but I would still back the boost down so your engine lives longer.

03killersnake

Wh1ppl3d F3d
Established Member
Thanks for your input. But I trust my tuner timing is low. They have hundreds of cars running 20 psi on 93. Not like it matters by end of summer it will be on 110 race fuel or E85 anyway. Also my car is not a DD.

03killersnake

Wh1ppl3d F3d
Established Member
Running a stock lower and 3.50" stock whipple pulley. IDK if the crusher would bring me to 700 rwhp, probably close? maybe. I am looking to do cams and ported heads first then the crusher. Only reason is I want cams bad, but also put money in my current intake before crusher cam out wanna get some use out of it.Plus I love the carbon fiber look

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Running a stock lower and 3.50" stock whipple pulley. IDK if the crusher would bring me to 700 rwhp, probably close? maybe. I am looking to do cams and ported heads first then the crusher. Only reason is I want cams bad, but also put money in my current intake before crusher cam out wanna get some use out of it.Plus I love the carbon fiber look

I would personally stay away from the crusher. I had too many issues with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread