New 08 Pics

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is the best summary that I've read on the new SD truck line.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/2008/2008-ford-super-duty.html

The new 2008 F-450 pickup widens the capability gap, offering a maximum payload of more than 6,000 pounds and towing capacity of more than 24,000 pounds – a 5,000-pound increase over the class-leading F-350. All of this added capability comes with the same increased level of refinement found in the new F-250 and F-350.

“Customers tell us they want to tow and the F-450 delivers,” said Reyes. “The trailer builders will be writing us thank-you letters because they can sell trailers with granite counter tops and fireplaces. And adding another horse to the trailer is no problem for the F-450 pickup.”

A more powerful 6.4-liter Power Stroke ® Diesel joins a powertrain lineup that already includes the segment’s most powerful gasoline engine, the 362-horsepower 6.8-liter V-10 Triton. The 6.4-liter Power Stroke ® Diesel delivers 350 horsepower at 3,000 rpm and 650 lb.-ft. of torque starting at 2,000 rpm

08sdb.gif

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Have to get use to change.......From the 97 to 99 body style...I could stand the new look...but it grows on you..now that change is happening again. Not bad I guess I could get use to it.

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
Yeah the new look is something that will take while to get use too. I want the new motor in an 07. I hope someone comes out with an aftermarket headlight that doesn't look so...
vacation%20truckster.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I could care less about the headlights.

Styling is only slightly important in my truck purchase. I need a truck that can haul a race car, a spare engine, a spare tranny, and a trailer full of parts and junk to a race course. The truck must be reliable and cope with extreme conditions (i.g., pulling 18,000 lbs down an interstate in 98 degree heat). It must be easy to maintain and hold a portion of its purchase price.

I'll stick with the Super Duty.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Saw one in person for the first time yesterday. The front end looks better on the F450, because the fender flares seem to help take away some of the slap-sided look. Still think the headlights would look better flipped. Hopefully the aftermarket will do something here. The interior I really liked and while quiet, it still sounds like a diesel. I was afraid from what others had said it would be TOO quiet, but first impression is that it is just right.

I pity the mechanics that have to wrench it. OMG the underhood looks like a nightmare.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread