Never thought I would be posting this.....

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
I've been kinda in the background lately. I've been happy with my car and it's current mods, and I also bought a daily driver to park the Cobra. Well, yesterday the moment that no Cobra owner ever wishes to see happened to me. My alternator in the beater went out so I was forced to drive the Cobra to work. It was raining pretty hard and the drag radials on the back were almost gone. I hydroplaned, and lost my baby. I made it out ok, had to get 11 stitches. Just wish the car would have faired so well. I somehow managed to take pictures of it after I got out, and I'll let them speak for themselves. I'm posting this as I'm finally able to get outta bed and walk around. I'm at a total loss. It was fully insured no problem there. But for 2 and a half years I put all my extra money and time into it and now it's gone. I'm not looking for pity, just felt like if anybody would know what exactly I lost it would be you guys. Everyone else just thinks it's a car and I can buy another one, and I know that's partially true. It's just not the same though. I'm not sure if I want to buy it back and "transform" it into another car. For some reason the idea of a 93 Cobra with a 04 powertrain and interior is staying in my head. What do you guys think? If I mistyped anything, blame it on the loritabs... On to the pictures.....

113050.jpg

113049.jpg

R.I.P. Mystic #961 I'll miss you

stvdman

Established Member
GLAD YOU ARE OK!

Yes it is "just a car", but we all know none of us are here and driving these things because they are "just cars".

Time heals..........

On a side note, i am now a DEFINATE BELIEVER in not using D/R's in ANY adverse weather...YIKES!

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
OMG....
I do understand.... I would be at a loss for a while too.

There will be those that slap you around (even here) because "It's just a car". And I understand that it's just a car... (I was teaching my 16 yr old step daughter to drive a stick in mine, and even let her boyfriend drive it)

But while I know it's just a car and does not define who and what I am, I am still emotionally attached to it. And for those that aren't attached to theirs, that's fine too.

Don't let "Them" or the pictures get you down too far....

Good luck. and glad your are safe!

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Man that really sucks but i'm glad your ok. I really don't know how you feel right now but I hope it never happens to me.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Crap, that sucks man! Glad to see you are ok!
I like the idea of putting the engine and drivetrain into a fox but it will take some time and probably lots of coin. I say sell it out for parts and look for another 03-04.
Good Luck on what you deside to do. :thumbsup:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
wow that sucks, i'am gladyour ok. i know what your talkin about when you say you are atached (spelling) i feel the same way. ive put alot of money into my cobra an i love the way i feel when a mash the go petal. the rip your face off tq can not be replced by anything else iam sorry for your loss.:uh oh:

Thrust

Established Member
I feel your pain. I am glad that you will recover from your accident, but it sucks that you lost your car. Hopefully you will have another one.
#961:nonono:

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
DUDE, That shit sucks SO bad....I am sorry to hear that.....I hate seeing stuff like that, makes my stomach hurt.....hang in there bro...as long as you walked away from it the rest will work itself out!!!

gopats76

Established Member
The main thing is that you are okay. I feel bad. The 04 power train in the 93 sounds like a great plan to me... Best of luck.

03'Darin

Established Member
Damn!! Man that sucks! I feel your pain. I can't tell you how many times I have thought about my car being wrecked or stolen. I would be devistated!! There really isn't anything we can say that will make you feel better right now. Keep your chin up, better things will come.

Darin

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
very sorry to hear this but glad no one was hurt

of course, every time I say something about DR's in the rain, a few people always jump in and start spouting off about how they 'know how to drive' and 'can handle it'

Bgasbear

Established Member
I'm Brad's friend and I helped him do alot of work on that car.. I'm glad he is alright and I'm there to work on any other project he has. It was his pride and joy, and I bragged on that car so much it will be missed...

forcefedcobra

Established Member
glad you are okay. the car can be replaced but you cant.

Next time around get a spare set of wheels to keep street rubber on

04MC

Established Member
forcefedcobra said:
glad you are okay. the car can be replaced but you cant.

Next time around get a spare set of wheels to keep street rubber on

I agree with the above - Thank God you're alive.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
That sucks dude but at least you're alive and doing better. Although it is just a car we all know what you mean. At least you're able to afford one and live in a country that supports your hobby!

04MC

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
At least you're able to afford one and live in a country that supports your hobby!

Excellent points. You guys here are blessed compared to other countries.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
I'm at a loss for words, and it isn't even my Cobra. Just goes to show you that were all a tight knit group on here and when a fellow member suffers the loss of their car, we all feel it. I cringed when I read the first couple sentences, and I was hesitant to look at the pics. Sorry for the loss bro, and I hope you get well. Just remember....there are about 19,000 Termys out there, and only 1 of YOU. R.I.P #961.

You'll be back in one soon enough!

As for the pics.....wow. Those enbankments are brutal. I might sound weird but someone shoulda thrown a yellow tarp over her. Way 2 graphic!:(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread