Need some help...installed TB today and...

BlKvNm

Established Member
The idle is sticking around 1300-1400 rpms then dropping down to around 850-900 after a few seconds. The pause at 1300-1500 is every time. I followed the instructions to a T. I only drove the car a couple of miles or so after installing. It is a BF TB...thanks AR :)

Take it for a longer drive? Give the computer more time?

Re-adjust the TPS?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Mick

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
what's your TPS voltage?

mine hangs as it idles down too...with a stock TB :shrug:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
You need to adjust the tps voltage so its around .980-1.0v. It took my about 10 minutes to adjust it. All you need is a digital multi meter that measures dc voltage, 2 paperclips, and a screwdriver or allen wrench to adjust the tps sensor.

Poke the paperclips into the plastic clip that clips onto the tps sensor. There are 3 wires. You want the middle wire (gray w/ white stripe) and the bottom wire (w/ red stripe). Put the red+ test lead on the wire on the middle and the black- test lead on the wire on the bottom.

Once that is done, Turn key on, but don’t crank engine. Go read the voltage. Adjust it if its over 1.0. I set minute to .98. The smallest movement in the TPS will cause the voltage to change dramatically. With the screws snug, move it around and tighten when you are happy. When you tighten the screws, the voltage will probably go up. Its trial and error.

If you need any more help I can go out and snap a quick how-to pic

BlKvNm

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys...I have voltmeter and it read .989 after I tightened it down. If the volts are fine, what else could be the prob?

Mick

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Is it an accufab? They set the throttle position screw from the factory so you shouldn't have to mess with that. I can't speak about billet flow tbs or others.

dougwg

Established Member
Call the manufacturer!

I'm waiting for your call

you have a PM

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great news. Sounds like Doug was able to help you out on the phone.
:beer:

BlKvNm

Established Member
Onefastride: A few things...make sure you follow the instructions perfectly. Be sure to re-set the computer after ANY adjustment, as minor as it may seem. Also, make sure your keys are out of the ignition; easy to forget that.

My car is still hanging up but now it is around 1100 and only for approx 2 sconds, then it drops to 850ish. I am willing to accept the hang up.

Hope this helps. You can also PM dougwg for assistance. We spoke on the phone and that really helped.

Mick

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Accept it. An Accufab TB post got a lot of replies about the 2 sec. hang up before drop a month or so back. Comes with the territory.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Great news. Sounds like Doug was able to help you out on the phone.
:beer:

another fine example of the outstanding customer service you will receive from BilletFlow...even on a Saturday night during a holiday weekend! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread