Need some help-advice????

rawboy

NEWB
Established Member
Well found out my wrist pin is done on my car, i had to shops recommend me to get a new block for my car. My mechanic i normally go through recommends to go with a termi. swap and i just dont want to spend that much money at this time, i really would like to get the car back on the road without spending that much? just seeing what you guys think i should do without putting a huge whole in the wallet but at the same time reliable untill more money comes in?

rawboy

NEWB
Established Member
Not exactly sure at the time saving some money i just dont want to spend 8,000 to do the termi swap i would like under 5k if i could

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Is your stock block ruined? If not rebuild it and press on. Reuse the crank and block. Add forged internals and bump the compression slightly if you plan to stay N/A.

rawboy

NEWB
Established Member
i dont think the block is ruined all they told me was bad wrist pin and they were like you should just get a new block.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
1 bad wrist pin and the shops calling for a new block? Did it drop the piston and destroy the hell outta the cylinder wall? Seems to be an easy rebuild but without seeing it ???

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
A cheap fix would be to buy a mark 8 engine and swap the heads and cams. A rebuild using inexpensive forged rods and pistons wouldn't be too costly either. You could also use the stock rods along iwth 5.4 pistons which would give you 1 point boost in compression and you would still have stock-like components that are good to 7k, more than enough strength for a n/a engine.

01yellercobra

Established Member
They do have 6 bolt cranks bu in an n/a engine that crank will hold up much longer than the stock rods and pistons.

I was thinking more about the flywheel. But I guess when you're into it that far you'll probably be getting a new flywheel anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread