Need price opinions/advice on a 03 cobra!

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
It's not even a real 10th?? Hold out for the real deal. What's the rush OP?

It's not the best time to buy a cobra either prices go way up in spring. That's modification money u can use. Do some research on the mods u want and try and find a car with those mods or something close to the way you want. You will save a bunch of $ in the end. Especially if you buy in late fall or winter time.

I wouldn't pay that much for a black cobra with an anniversary seat swap if that's what it is.

I wanted a black cobra with a 2.9 Whipple running 93 with capabilities of running e85 later on. Oh and it needed all the suspension modifications as well. I searched for 7 months. Found the perfect car.
Over the years lots of nice 10ths have come up for sale on this site.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KLLR SNK

Established Member
As an owner complaining about sellers asking too much for these cars is a bit puzzling to me. I view the situation as a positive in that seller's are helping to drive prices higher which could in the long run influence what I may one day get for my car. I like hearing about prices on these cars going higher, it's all my other depreciating assets I wish I could avoid.

Also, owners that tell the OP they paid less for a better or comparable car so the OP should base his decision on that price. Would you sell the OP your car today for what you paid? Just asking!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
curious if you told him it wasn't a real 10th anniversary.

Yes, I disclosed everything I added to the car since purchasing. He was a car guy and his last name was Shelby Lol (no relation). He gave me some car show spots I could check out, he was a nice guy.

he had to be a nice guy to give you that kind of an appraisal on that car. no hate since you are the one that will likely be paying an inflated insurance price. I just do see how he can value it where he did. esp since you told him it wasn't a real 10th anniv.

Edited to add - I should have him come out and appraise my 04. he would probably appraise it upwards of 45k lol

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
You use two words that caught my eye, "exact" and "possibly". I would rather pay up a little to get exactly what I want rather than pay down for possibly getting what I want.

I wouldn't ever let $2k stand between me and the exact car I want.
I agree with these guys. If it is exactly what you want go for it. Sounds like she is perfect. But if you don't want to pay what they are asking wait a couple of days and then contact them again maybe?

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
As an owner complaining about sellers asking too much for these cars is a bit puzzling to me. I view the situation as a positive in that seller's are helping to drive prices higher which could in the long run influence what I may one day get for my car. I like hearing about prices on these cars going higher, it's all my other depreciating assets I wish I could avoid.

Also, owners that tell the OP they paid less for a better or comparable car so the OP should base his decision on that price. Would you sell the OP your car today for what you paid? Just asking!
Just offering my advice to help the OP save some money. A nice car in spring can go for up to 4k more than what it will in the late fall and winter. At least that's what I saw happen 1.5 years ago. Has the market has changed since then??

OP states he wants an 10th and apparently it's not a real one. Why pay top dollar....

Good luck with your decision keep us posted

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Just offering my advice to help the OP save some money. A nice car in spring can go for up to 4k more than what it will in the late fall and winter. At least that's what I saw happen 1.5 years ago. Has the market has changed since then??

OP states he wants an 10th and apparently it's not a real one. Why pay top dollar....

I think it has changed the past 18 months in the favor of sellers. It's supply and demand. The sub 40k clean cars are just dwindling. A 40k mile clean car is almost bringing what a 20k mile clean car brought 2 yrs ago. These cars just continue to amaze from a value standpoint. I know many speculated for years these can't possibly be collector status vehicle because of the 19,000 total number that were produced, but they seem to be beating those odds. I think mainly because so many have been wrecked or turned into drag whores or just simply high mileage after 15 years and beat to hell

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

It's not the best time to buy a cobra either prices go way up in spring. That's modification money u can use. Do some research on the mods u want and try and find a car with those mods or something close to the way you want. You will save a bunch of $ in the end. Especially if you buy in late fall or winter time.

I wouldn't pay that much for a black cobra with an anniversary seat swap if that's what it is.

I wanted a black cobra with a 2.9 Whipple running 93 with capabilities of running e85 later on. Oh and it needed all the suspension modifications as well. I searched for 7 months. Found the perfect car.

OP didn't say it wasn't a real 10th. Someone else posted they swapped in a 10th interior...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
he had to be a nice guy to give you that kind of an appraisal on that car. no hate since you are the one that will likely be paying an inflated insurance price. I just do see how he can value it where he did. esp since you told him it wasn't a real 10th anniv.

Edited to add - I should have him come out and appraise my 04. he would probably appraise it upwards of 45k lol

My insurance actually didn't go up that much after the appraisal. And since my car is mint with only 16K miles without one nick or scratch I actually thought it was a bit low with the mods and wheels. He was really looking to, he made the comment I can't find one blemish on this thing. And just because you say no hate and then hate doesn't make it alright Lmao! This is why I want the license plate HATRMKR (Hater maker).

1BLCKSVT

Established Member

Someone here mentioned they did a seat swap on their car. The cobra I posted about is a real deal 10th anni.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I stand by my comment. you were lucky. no way that car should appraise at that price. Since it was an insurance appraisal you can sort of justify it, but don't kid yourself, if you ever try to sell it you will not get anywhere close to that

My insurance actually didn't go up that much after the appraisal. And since my car is mint with only 16K miles without one nick or scratch I actually thought it was a bit low with the mods and wheels. He was really looking to, he made the comment I can't find one blemish on this thing. And just because you say no hate and then hate doesn't make it alright Lmao! This is why I want the license plate HATRMKR (Hater maker).

cj428mach

Established Member

16K miles? wow thats high mileage for a Terminator, lol.

I paid 24.5 for my car from the original owner 3.5 years ago, at the time I thought it was a little high but I paid a premium for it being only 100 miles away and exactly what I wanted.

I'm with Ray though, I'm not going to knock sellers for asking so much for their cars because its good for me. I do think for a black 10th though at that mileage you'll have plenty of others to choose from so don't jump on it unless you're 100% certain.

I jumped on my car because at the time I thought I'd never find another sub 10k mileage white car for a reasonable price. Within a few months of me buying mine I saw 2-3 more sub 10k mile terminators for sale on here, lol.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
16K miles? wow thats high mileage for a Terminator, lol.

I paid 24.5 for my car from the original owner 3.5 years ago, at the time I thought it was a little high but I paid a premium for it being only 100 miles away and exactly what I wanted.

I'm with Ray though, I'm not going to knock sellers for asking so much for their cars because its good for me. I do think for a black 10th though at that mileage you'll have plenty of others to choose from so don't jump on it unless you're 100% certain.

I jumped on my car because at the time I thought I'd never find another sub 10k mileage white car for a reasonable price. Within a few months of me buying mine I saw 2-3 more sub 10k mile terminators for sale on here, lol.

True. And their was over 20k produced in the 2 years. I got mine with under 12k miles 6 years ago and thought it was super low and I'm still seeing cars with that mileage, they pop up still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
in CA cheap terminators are hard to find. They are more expensive, high mileage, or clapped out.

BLOWNGT03

Established Member
I bought an 03 Redfire with 30k miles for $25k back in August. After looking at some cars that had been ragged out for $16k, I jumped on it and didn't mind paying extra for one that had been taken care of. Not to mention it had a KB, full exhaust, upgraded fuel system, etc... If it's worth it to you and you can't live without it, buy it.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I bought an 03 Redfire with 30k miles for $25k back in August. After looking at some cars that had been ragged out for $16k, I jumped on it and didn't mind paying extra for one that had been taken care of. Not to mention it had a KB, full exhaust, upgraded fuel system, etc... If it's worth it to you and you can't live without it, buy it.

I will keep looking a little longer see what else comes out in the market. Like a few others that commented here I don't think that cobra will sell anytime soon.

zredfire04

Established Member
it's really all about two things: what will you pay for it and what will he take for it. that's all that determines the value of anything.

when i found my cobra, i was shopping for a mustang to replace the one i had just wrecked (R.I.P.). a local lot had a 2002gt vert, redfire with white top/interior, that just did it for me. that's the only vert i've ever actually wanted. the car had 40k miles on it, and they wanted $12k which was about $3k too high. i wrote an out the door number on a piece of paper with my phone number and told them to call me if they wanted to sell it, but i kept on looking.

then i found a 95k mile 04 cobra that needed a little tlc that i got for $15k.

the moral of the story is that walking away from a car you want if the money isn't right doesn't mean you won't find something else.

they still had that vert at the dealership for several months after i got my cobra. i'd giggle a little every time i drove by it.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I will keep looking a little longer see what else comes out in the market. Like a few others that commented here I don't think that cobra will sell anytime soon.

Go in and tell the GM where you are at on price. Tell him to call you when he is ready to sell it. He'll call within 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread