Need price opinions/advice on a 03 cobra!

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I'm currently in the market for a black cobra and have found a 10th anni at a dealership. Its a one owner, pretty much spotless 10th anni coupe with 39k miles. Interior 9/10 shape. Very clean carfax with a bunch of maintenance records. Only problem with the car is price! Dealer won't go below $26,000 AT ALL. This has been my exact dream car and just wanted to get opinions on the price. I know it's up there and the fact that I can possibly find the same car at a lower price is what keeps me from purchasing. When/if I will find it again is what kills me lol. I've had a 99 cobra for the last 6 summers (completely regret selling) and not being able to go for a drive sucks! Thanks guys!

bullitt2735

Established Member
I think its a few grand high, for reference I paid 24.5k for my 03 black vert with 7500 miles late last year.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I think its a few grand high, for reference I paid 24.5k for my 03 black vert with 7500 miles late last year.
Extremely low miles nice purchase. Wish the one I was looking at had anywhere near that mileage. I would pull the trigger fast!

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
You use two words that caught my eye, "exact" and "possibly". I would rather pay up a little to get exactly what I want rather than pay down for possibly getting what I want.
Never thought of it like that. I think you sir have helped me make a decision. *cheers*

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
So black is your #1 color choice? If so that's good for you as a buyer, black really isn't that sought after due to the maintenance to keep the paint looking amazing. The car is definitely overpriced by 2-4k, I would pass personally. Also don't let them convince you that a 10th is worth more, they aren't.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
So black is your #1 color choice? If so that's good for you as a buyer, black really isn't that sought after due to the maintenance to keep the paint looking amazing. The car is definitely overpriced by 2-4k, I would pass personally. Also don't let them convince you that a 10th is worth more, they aren't.
All my mustangs have been black. Does take a lot of elbow grease to keep them clean. They actually haven't tried to convince me on anything on the car believe it or not. Then again, all we have talked about is price.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I paid $25,000 for my black coupe with 10,500 miles two years ago. I sought after black so I don't agree with that black isn't sought after comment.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I paid $25,000 for my black coupe with 10,500 miles two years ago. I sought after black so I don't agree with that black isn't sought after comment.
Really good price and mileage. If I was a patient person I would wait and maybe see if one like yours comes around. I love black your cobra is bad ass!

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I'd pass on that Cobra. The salesman was meat gazin on your junk and knew you had a hardon for the car. He'll never lower the price for you. I think you can do better, just be patient, one will come along.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I'd pass on that Cobra. The salesman was meat gazin on your junk and knew you had a hardon for the car. He'll never lower the price for you. I think you can do better, just be patient, one will come along.
LOL! I've had a couple friends call all with diff area code phone numbers and the salesman still won't go down in price.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
If you like the 10th extras like I did I would pull the trigger. I just so happen to come across my car and it was only 2 hours away so I could not pass it up. He was asking $27,500. I purchased the 10th interior (for another project but it ended up in this car) and the steering wheel to put on this car. I hate the suede seats so it was a must for the full leather. To me, nothing looks better than a clean black car!!!! I just had the car appraised with the mods and wheels and they put a value of $31,000 I believe.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I say it depends on you and your financial situation. If the car is in that great of shape and it is exactly what you want and you will be happy living with the purchase price I say go for it.

On the other hand, if memory serves me I think Black is the color most Cobra's were produced in. So, black is the color with the most pool to choose from. Therefore, you might be better off looking a little longer.

Granted it's a roll of the dice. You could find a better one at a lower price or you might get stuck with one in worse shape for a better price.

I bought a silver Vert last year with 75K on the clock. I only paid 15K plus TTL. I needed to put some elbow grease into it as it needed some TLC, but now I have a great Cobra and did not have to spend a lot of money for it. There are deals out there if you look and have patience.

So, the question is are you willing to wait for the bigger better deal or do you strike now at the opportunity set before you? Only you can decide that.

Good luck sir!!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Did prices really go up this much in the last few years? I find it crazy and good at the same time. Mine is modded so I'd never get premium dollar for mine. I do have it valued at 31k.

Op if you plan on modding it, you will be in a lot of money. I have 6,500 dollars worth mod money and my car for the price they want on that one your looking at. Just don't buy it for an investment, or you might be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread