need more power

silver2001cobra

Established Member
ok guys, i just lost to a c6 vette with a 6 speed and exhaust that i can tell.we ran from 2nd gear to 4th gear,he beat me by a fender.so i ned just a little more power. so i need u guys to find power that i probably missed.he r u my mods so far.
ported and polished but not cutted intake manifold
ported fr500 heads
fr500 cams
4.10 gears and pullies
mid lenght headers
x-pipe and catback
90mm massair meter
jlt intake
drive shaft
.20 flat top piston and manley rods
10.8 to 1 comp
so if i can find 15 to 20 more horses i`ll be happy,so if u guys can help me that would be cool .oh yeah i dnyo 356 rwhp
6 speed trans

Last edited:

UCBeau

ummmm your 4.10's hurt that top end too..besides, you will never go 175 mph anyways. spin that built motor to 7500 and get some gears

or just spray a 100 shot :)

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
nitrous, on your built motor, run 150 plus shot easy, all day long (with necessary fuel upgrades). You'd be in range of 475-500 rwhp, approx. 550 rwtq. I'd love it!!! Might need a new clutch though pushing that kind of torque.

Why not try a nice, little 75 shot, no need for fuel system upgrades, just new fuel filter and 1-2 heat ranges colder on the plugs, preferably 2. Won't even need a tune with a 75 wet shot, and that car would be a beast on the street!!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
silver2001cobra said:
what about a intake spacer,throttle body, and electric water pump will that add up to 20 rwhp?

I put a throttle body on my car and I didnt even feel a difference. Biggest waste of money on my car. I think that would only help if you are boosted. And the electric water pump, from what I read on here, it doesn't help much. Do a search. Someone did a dyno run after an install but I dont remember what the numbers were. Dont think it was much though. Good luck!

SlwSVT

Established Member
How about a custom tune to dial it all in? Also, if you have the Cobra 6 speed, maybe some 4.30 gears would make up the fender difference.

Thanks

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Have you tried the Tornado

red_kikc.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Nazman

Established Member
What? Man, that sucks!

Ok. Try some more mods:

1. Ported Intake.
2. PHP Intake Spacer.
3. Meziere EWP.

That will get you 20+RWHP gain easy. Also, get rid of those 4.10s! 4.56s ALL DAY LONG!

Also, you could play with a little juice!! A little 75 or 100 shot will do wonders to wake up that motor, but you should not need to juice to kill that vette unless.........she had more than what he said.

Naz

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
killspray said:
And the electric water pump, from what I read on here, it doesn't help much.

01cobravortech dynoed his car before and after installing a Meziere electric water pump and went from 319WHP / 324 WTQ to 331WHP / 332 WTQ in this thread.

Silver2001cobra,

Since you already have basically all of the NA stuff imaginable with built internals, why not go with a small (50 to 75) shot?

silver2001cobra

Established Member
Nazman said:
What? Man, that sucks!

Ok. Try some more mods:

1. Ported Intake.
2. PHP Intake Spacer.
3. Meziere EWP.

That will get you 20+RWHP gain easy. Also, get rid of those 4.10s! 4.56s ALL DAY LONG!

Also, you could play with a little juice!! A little 75 or 100 shot will do wonders to wake up that motor, but you should not need to juice to kill that vette unless.........she had more than what he said.

Naz
intake ported,but it`s not cut.would that make a differenceif i had the intake cut then ported.would that give me a little more power.

silver2001cobra

Established Member
Dingleweed said:
01cobravortech dynoed his car before and after installing a Meziere electric water pump and went from 319WHP / 324 WTQ to 331WHP / 332 WTQ in this thread.

Silver2001cobra,

Since you already have basically all of the NA stuff imaginable with built internals, why not go with a small (50 to 75) shot?
everybody has been tellin me to get a small shot,but i just like it when i win,which is most of the time,the look on guys face when they look under my hood and they see my being n/a

Nazman

Established Member
silver2001cobra said:
intake ported,but it`s not cut.would that make a differenceif i had the intake cut then ported.would that give me a little more power.
All "ported" intakes are NOT created equal!

A cut plenum should be superiour to a non-cut plenum again...all depending who does the work.

everybody has been tellin me to get a small shot,but i just like it when i win,which is most of the time,the look on guys face when they look under my hood and they see my being n/a

I get the same look!!! Big motor, SC'd or even sprayed........they all get killed the same....ALL MOTOR! But there is always someone faster so for those events......I pack a "little 150 shot". The beast will be released into San Antonio on Monday!!!! :poke:

Who is ready to play?

Naz

Users who are viewing this thread