Need more aggressive sound

Teej281

Established Member
Here you go jrgoffin
Mac Performance - performance accessories for cars, trucks, and motorcycles
Now remember if you sell your M55 PM me. I already Pm you about your M55.

I have first dibs on them things. OP and I were discussing a trade about 6 months ago and I told him that if he actually got rid of them I was first in line!

OP, one of my all time favorite exhaust combos on a 4v is the prochamber with SLP LM1's. Its loud but the prochamber helps smooth out the tone.

monX

Established Member
I know monX has 3.0 mac catback but don't what else has as far as mid pipe and headers. But I have 2.5 mac's with a prochamber and mac long tube headers and mine don't sound any where as good as his. But as I said I don't know what else he has:shrug:.

Thanks! I have the UPR O/R X and stock manifolds, my previous setup was with Bassani headers and it does not sound as good as the stock manifolds. One thing for sure is the stock manifolds really contributes to giving that clean bubbly and mean sound together, I noticed headers strip that sound away :beer:

your car sounds amazing. what part of NY are you from?

Thanks! I'm in Queens NY

Looking to upgrade myself....do i need to get the 3" or can i just put 2.5" MAC mufflers in my bassani piping? part#'s for MAC muffs?? What mid pipe should i get instead of my bassani? Should i get an H-pipe? Not afraid to spend $ if i need to. Want mine to sound like the vids Also will the 3" system bolt to a 2.5" mid pipe? Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Get a UPR or a VRS, you'll be pleased with the sound. the 3" system is pretty big but will fit the 2.5 pipe.

I recommaned you go with a X or prochamber, don't do H pipe.

This car has the same setup as mine but with an H pipe and you'll notice the difference
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD6TP18aWx4&feature=related"]YouTube - Cobra Mac Exhaust[/nomedia]

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If you already have the o/r Prochamber, then get a set of Stingers. I`m running this set-up and it`s pure sex.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I'm getting old - going more un-aggressive and pulling my M55's off temporarily. Picked up a Doug Thorley cat-back brand new for less than $200 - it's about the exact same as the Magnaflow and has a real nice low rumble that is perfect for these cars but just not so damn loud!!

Teej281

Established Member
I fabbed up 2010 GT 500 mufflers with my Bassani offroad X pipe and Magnaflow 2.5 piping ... verrry aggressive in person.... picked up MAC ceramic LTs but havent installed them yet...

YouTube - 03 Mustang Comp Cams XE274H

[youtube_browser]xOCSDicZhXw[/youtube_browser]

I thought at first that you ran the mufflers at the tips like they do on the 2010 GT500's. I thought about doing that myself. I wonder how that would sound? Or more importantly, look? S197's do it, but then again, thats how most imports are, so would it be ricey?

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Get rid of the prochamber and the flowmasters. Prochamber would be a good start, then see if you hate the flows or not

Users who are viewing this thread