Need more aggressive sound

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
Hello everyone. Right now i am running stock manifolds with an o/r prochamber and flowmasters. I am thinking of changing up my exhaust to get a more aggressive tone. I dont know if I want to go all out and get Lts or switch up the catback. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
catback would be the simpliest thing to do, LT are a bitch and you dont gain much untill you get into higher boost. I suggest hitting up the exhaust soundboard and picking what sound you wanna go with! IMO flowmasters and our cars dont mix!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Wow, that MAC 3" exhaust sounds fantastic!! I have stayed away from MAC for years, but would love to find a 3" system to swap for my M55's. Was leaning towards JBA or even Dynomax, but might have to look at MAC again!

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
Do you guys know if MAC sells a SS catback. Part of my reasoning for changing up my exhaust is so I can finally polish the back end :D

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I had MAC 3" on my IRS and absolutely loved it! Sounded great! The MAC I have on my SRA just doesnt sound the same!

monX

Established Member
Do you guys know if MAC sells a SS catback. Part of my reasoning for changing up my exhaust is so I can finally polish the back end :D

Unfortunately only the mac 2.5 system is SS. The 3" system is aluminzed steel but sounds amazing :beer:

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
I know monX has 3.0 mac catback but don't what else has as far as mid pipe and headers. But I have 2.5 mac's with a prochamber and mac long tube headers and mine don't sound any where as good as his. But as I said I don't know what else he has:shrug:.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Im pretty sure the exhaust i had on my irs was 3" and one my SRA is 2.5" and it sounds completly different, i miss my IRS exhaust!

greengt88

Established Member
Looking to upgrade myself....do i need to get the 3" or can i just put 2.5" MAC mufflers in my bassani piping? part#'s for MAC muffs?? What mid pipe should i get instead of my bassani? Should i get an H-pipe? Not afraid to spend $ if i need to. Want mine to sound like the vids Also will the 3" system bolt to a 2.5" mid pipe? Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Looking to upgrade myself....do i need to get the 3" or can i just put 2.5" MAC mufflers in my bassani piping? part#'s for MAC muffs?? What mid pipe should i get instead of my bassani? Should i get an H-pipe? Not afraid to spend $ if i need to. Want mine to sound like the vids Also will the 3" system bolt to a 2.5" mid pipe? Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

A 3" catback should bolt to a 2.5" midpipe, the flanges as far as I know are all the same, thats all that matters. And here's a link to MAC's muffler section. I'm sure if you did some searching you could find a cheaper set!

Mac Performance - performance accessories for cars, trucks, and motorcycles

skidad62

Established Member
I fabbed up 2010 GT 500 mufflers with my Bassani offroad X pipe and Magnaflow 2.5 piping ... verrry aggressive in person.... picked up MAC ceramic LTs but havent installed them yet...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOCSDicZhXw"]YouTube - 03 Mustang Comp Cams XE274H[/nomedia]

[youtube_browser]xOCSDicZhXw[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
checked the site, which ones will interchange with my current bassani's? Hate to spend all the $ on the 3" kit that will probably fit like crap, when i could just swap out mufflers and keep my nice fitting bassani piping. Will it have that sound? or is the 3" necessary? Still wondering on what mid to use also, help me out i can't watch anymore youtube clips.

Users who are viewing this thread