Need input on weed/grass killer

01GTB

Established Member
There are a hundred different brands and formulations of glyphosate. I think everyone realizes that. From no-load to fully loaded. From 3lb ae to 5lb ae. You could put down a 10% finished solution of Rodeo with Hel-Fire put in for good measure. But still it only kills what is there. He is looking for something with a long residual, a soil sterilizer.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
kill the weeds, pull them out, then lay some weed block, and either decorative gravel, or nice looking mulch. That stuff wont come back.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I may be wrong but I think round up is inert once it hits the soil

Glyphosate is only effective on the foliage, it gets bound up in contact with soil.

I spot-spray in my garden all the time. On weeds in close with plants I want to keep, I put a rock on the weed, bending it away from the plant, and spray the weed alone. I move the rock the next day and water the weed.

Pramitol is another matter; it will travel through the soil. (Looking up 'Scythe' now)

Thanks, both of you. That really helps. I had vision of all of my new shrubs dying after spraying Round-Up on the smallish weeds that have sprouted around them.

Users who are viewing this thread