Need ideas for sports car under $25K

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
I was stationed in colorado springs, I had my 600hp 04 cobra there haha, I just put winter tires on it and I was good. ripping by all those 4wd explorers with 22's on them haha. I even took it up to keystone for snowboarding, but if you want awd, go with the sti, I heard the mitsubishi's are junk.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
The first criteria he listed was warranty, why are all yall posting old cars? Most cars 03 and older no longer have warranties.

Does it have to be a car? A Trailblazer SS meets most of those criteria (except for mileage) and you can find 06's for at or under 20k.

blainestang

Established Member
New Mini Cooper S

With minimal options, you can get one for ~$25k, it's definitely sporty, gets great gas mileage, has warranty/free maintenence as it's a BMW, and is FWD for snow. Oh, and it's boosted :)

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I think a lot of people are missing he said snow worthy...that leaves out Z06,rx8,cobra,miata...pretty much leaves the FWD choices and i would take a Speed3 over a cobalt but thats me. Evo and STi are obvious choices...but i would take a used nice Audi S4 over those...find an audi certified one and you get a warranty...although upkeep can get expensive.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
has no one in here driven a RWD in the winter??? c'mon people, its not that hard! ive been doing it for the past couple years, without snow tires, no problem! only issues i have is hills, but if my beater weighed anything, i might be able to get traction. slop some snow tires on it, maybe some sand bags in the trunk and have at it!

and, i completely forgot about bimmers. a 3 series may be the best option, i know i would love to have one!

NotBrandLoyal

Established Member
My DD is a Speed6 and I love it! No boy racer wings and scoops. Leather(heated) , AWD, DSC, and TC.

Pretty decent aftermarket, but there is still tuning issues.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
The first criteria he listed was warranty, why are all yall posting old cars? Most cars 03 and older no longer have warranties.

Does it have to be a car? A Trailblazer SS meets most of those criteria (except for mileage) and you can find 06's for at or under 20k.

+1 on the Trailblazer SS, they are sweet

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
With the state of our economy I'd say save yourself $10K and buy a stock 2004 SRT-4 with low miles. Only the '04's came with the 7 year/70K warranty. My daily driver is an SRT-4(with gas prices what they are the other cars stay in the garage). I average 23 in the city and around 27-30 on the highway. I picked up a set of snow tires last winter and WOW, it'll go through just about anything!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
sti or evo take ur pick

+65,000 Turbo, AWD and the best aftermarkets short of Honda. Have a set of snow tires and run low boost for the winter and performance tires/high boost for the warm months. Best of both worlds.

M3's and S4's will kill you on the price of upkeep, plus you'll have to get a much older model to keep it under $25k. The Mazdaspeed 3/6 don't hold a candle to the Evo/STi in performance or aftermarket. Say all you want about quality and all, but you're still comparing them to a mazda.

04svtterm

Established Member
i would get a 02-05 m3, an s4, or a wrx/sti.

LOL @ the guy who suggested cobalt SS..lol. Thats the biggest piece of junk under 25k.

also just realized, you can get a g35 coupe or sedan. heck maybe even a cts-v if you look hard enough.

Last edited:

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
i'm actually thinking of buying a talon or something for a project car, it doesn't snow where i live but i heard those cars rock in snow. Plus you'd save yourself a big sum of money. Just food for thought.

JBR87

Established Member
2008/9 cobalt ss turbo... flame me if you want but they are a pretty sporty quick car... but if it's not turbo than forget about it... also available in 4 door

Tunedprt91

Established Member
i would get a 02-05 m3, an s4, or a wrx/sti.

LOL @ the guy who suggested cobalt SS..lol. Thats the biggest piece of junk under 25k.

also just realized, you can get a g35 coupe or sedan. heck maybe even a cts-v if you look hard enough.

Why is the cobalt ss junk? From all the track events and mag test posted its beating alot of cars you think it should not. Although it might not be the best for snow it has everything the op mentioned. The new cobalt ss has my respect from what ive seen so far.

fearmenot

Established Member
How about a 06 pontiac GTO. Great sports car for under 20 grand with lots more potential.

Users who are viewing this thread