Need ideas for sports car under $25K

kball

Banned
Here is the criteria...warranty, performance oriented, snow worthy, can be new or used, good gas mileage in the city(>20mpg). The car I currently have in mind is a 06 up Volkswagen GTI. Let me know. Oh, not a must have, but I would prefer it be a boosted car as well.:D Thanks in advance.

Kris

FrankeSVT

Enthusiast
Established Member
a lot of people are going to say cobras... the only one i can think of would be a subaru sti or lancer evo. both have AWD, boosted, around 20mpg, warranty? and can cost less than 25k.

Common

Established Member
You can get some very nice R32's GTI's for that price. Decent mpg's, AWD and some power for it's size.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
For what you want, an Evo or STi would be the best fit. You can get a nice 05-07 Audi A4 also for that amount. R32s are pretty expensive for what you get, and I don't think they are worth it.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
yes he did clearly state a sports car . . . then said GTI which made me lol . . .

GTI's aren't sports cars bud.

my suggestions would be the STI or the Evo as well . . . *waits for sti vs evo debate*

kball

Banned
yes he did clearly state a sports car . . . then said GTI which made me lol . . .

GTI's aren't sports cars bud.

my suggestions would be the STI or the Evo as well . . . *waits for sti vs evo debate*

I should have said "sporty" or "sports-like" along with sports car. I'm coming from a BMW 135i and I figure going to a GTI might be not to drastic...interior wise anyway. Thanks for everyone's opinions.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
mazda miata/RX8/speed3/speed6, audi S4(B5, only thing is they are known to drop their turbos, and its a few grand to get them replaced since they are so burried in the engine compartment), nissan 350Z

dont give me crap about the RWDs, slap some snow tires on the bitch and be done with it!

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
02-05 BMW M3. Can't beat the refinement of a Bimmer. Maintenance is rare but a bit costly. Oil changes at every 30,000k miles and over 300hp with a 9000k redline. 06-07 are still pretty expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread