Need help with child birth certificate and social security

cbr repsol

Established Member
I'm at a loss I have no clue on what to do.
So here is the run down. My wife's brother and sister in law had a baby at home. They are both on meth and have 4 other kids born with drugs in their system. The child protective agency in California. Removed their kids from their care . The father is a sweet talker and somehow convinced the judge and got the children back.
Imo they had the latest baby at home to avoid another call from the hospital to cps to have more against them due to the hospital mandated to report.
The child is 13 months old currently...my wife and I have had her in our custody or (care) for 10 months. I've googled and nothing comes up on what to do. Flash forward the parents don't want the child and told us we can keep her but have also moved from California to Ohio. It's not like they are going to come back and do anything to get her the proper things she needs to get her birth certificate. I'm at a total loss and super frustrated. I don't have the resources to hire a attorney. I have two of my own children(previous marriage) and my new wife doesn't work currently due to taking care of this child. We love this little girl . By the way her name is beatrice..such a sweet little angel. The harder thing for my wife is she can not have children we have already done doctors testing. So we feel this child was ment for us by the grace of God.
I hope someone will know something on what I need or can do? She won't be able to go to School ,get married or anything with no birth certificate. Going to school is the main concern right now..also her having benefits. My work will provide benefits but with no social security number or adoption / gaudianship they won't do anything.

Sorry if this is a long read. I tried to make it make scence the best I could.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I also talked to the cps supervisor today and since the case was closed they won't do anything. Im like wtf?? I though children had more rights . Like what happens when someone leaves a baby at a fire station with no info?? So there has to be something that can be done?

Zemedici

Established Member
There's a good bit of forum members here that have some knowledge on this subject, be patient and they'll help out. Good luck with the situation, and very admirable of you and your wife to take her in. Awesome name, btw :)

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Have you tried visiting a local SSA Field Office to apply for an SSN for the baby? Do you have temporary legal custody?

Here might be a helpful link: https://www.verywell.com/getting-a-social-security-number-for-a-home-birth-baby-2758923

Came in to say this. You'll have to go to your local SS office to apply for a SSN and birth certificate. Your situation is unique OP but they should be able to get the ball rolling.

Good luck to you and your wife with your baby girl. You are a good man.

MG0h3

Established Member
Wow! That's a great thing you are doing.

It may be easier to just say the child is yours. As soon as you say "this isnt my child" I would think the government office workers would clam up and make you jump through who knows how many hoops.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck.

cbr repsol

Established Member
We dont have any custody..the cps court was going to do it when the case was open but the father and mother refused because they didnt like them.
Lame excuse.
I havent went to social security office yet but that might start the way.
Any other advice?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Btw..the father kept threatining to take the baby from us. He blackmailed my wifes parents probably out om 10k
Plus i gave him a vehicle just so he would stop his conartist ways to take the child.

cbr repsol

Established Member
We want to adopt her but i figure this childs birth certificate and ssn are first priority.
I contacted a attorney..they said they can help with guardianship but they want a couple thousand.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Btw..the father kept threatining to take the baby from us. He blackmailed my wifes parents probably out om 10k
Plus i gave him a vehicle just so he would stop his conartist ways to take the child.

Hate to say it but you're probably gonna need a lawyer. The father sounds like a real piece of work and to prevent him from popping up like a whack-a-mole every now and again you may want ro consult with one. It's a selfless thing you're doing so perhaps you can find one in your area that will do it pro bono.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Since my wife and i dont have any rights over the child. I dont even think social security office would do anything for us. Ive talked to a lot of people and just basically keep getting thr run around. Or no one has heard of the situation.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Hate to say it but you're probably gonna need a lawyer. The father sounds like a real piece of work and to prevent him from popping up like a whack-a-mole every now and again you may want ro consult with one. It's a selfless thing you're doing so perhaps you can find one in your area that will do it pro bono.

^This.
God bless Beatrice, you, and your wife.

Can you start a "Go Fund Me" page for lawyer fees?
Sometimes there are church groups, United Way, or county services that can assist. Keep asking for assistance, don't take no for an answer.

Whatever you do, don't give up.
You three will succeed!

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I have no advice
But I do want to say how grateful and appreciated I am for people like you and your wife stepping up to embrace this
I'm a believer in your mission and know you'll get this resolved

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Coming Up

WeStayClean
Established Member
i would contact CPS and talk to someone else. It makes zero sense that they did not open another case and start looking into this. This is a serious matter imo.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ive never dealt with CPS so I can comment, but if its anything like most GOV offices I would get a lawyers help.

I have a hard time taking help/money from others but OP, this is a good cause and I think you would get some support doing a gofundme. Some of the crap people ask for money for on there is laughable.

Anything extra you could put in a savings account for her.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Thanks for your support guys..there is actually 5 of us.
Holley (8) , Kylie (6) baby beatrice , thr wife and I.
I have 50/50 custody of my two girls from the previous marriage. I still pay support for my kids even though the custody is split in half. I just make more money than my ex so thats the court system for you.
Anyways thats another subject im still recovering from the wrath. I was paying $2469.00 in chils support and alimony.
Its lower now bu still quite a bit. Thats why earlier i mentioned i couldnt really afford a lawyer.
Im not a hand out type of guy.
I work in a large warehouse...im the go to guy for mechanic work so people seek me out to fix their cars. I use that money to help raise my family..sometimes im busy every week and others i might have a dry spell for 2 or 3 weeks.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Here is all of us if this photo uploads.

Attachments

• 20170501_212722.jpg
    20170501_212722.jpg
    925.5 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread