Attachments

• 20170501_214020.jpg
    20170501_214020.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It may be easier to just say the child is yours. As soon as you say "this isnt my child" I would think the government office workers would clam up and make you jump through who knows how many hoops..
it's a great thing he is doing and your suggestion is for him to commit fraud and perjury, well done

Since my wife and i dont have any rights over the child. I dont even think social security office would do anything for us. Ive talked to a lot of people and just basically keep getting thr run around. Or no one has heard of the situation.
there are places to go that offer legal services for what you can pay. Make some phone calls to your local Legal Aid society, (probono.net will have some numbers for you) and see what they can do for you. Don't lie, don't fib, don't commit fraud. 100% total upfront honesty is what you need here. Also keep anything you have from the parents, text messages, FB, or whatever you are going to need all the evidence you can get. if you can text or email them, tell then you want to adopt but you need a legal release. keep a copy of their response. do NOT engage in an arguement with them. be calm cool and collected no matter what they respond with. and Ignore advice like what I quoted above, that shit will only get you in trouble

cbr repsol

Established Member
I want to do things right and truthful.
Ive always been about that.
I just want what is right for baby b.
As far as im concerned she is my daughter.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
A friend of mine has kind of gone thru the same thing. They have custody of his wife's nephew and have had for a while due to the mom being hooked on meth and the dad getting locked up for theft and also getting into drugs. It was a very long ordeal, and CPS was involved in doing home inspections at any time they pleased among other things.

Thru had to hire a lawyer, but fortunate for them, both parents got locked up at the same time. You are going to have to consult with a lawyer because you won't be able to do anything of the such with getting birth certificate copies or social security numbers. You have about as much rights to the child as I do right now. It was about a 1 1/2 to 2 year process for my buddy and his wife to get full guardianship to the little boy, so don't bet on getting any quick results. If you can somehow get the parents to grant you guardianship, that would be your best bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I also talked to the cps supervisor today and since the case was closed they won't do anything. Im like wtf?? I though children had more rights . Like what happens when someone leaves a baby at a fire station with no info?? So there has to be something that can be done?
Unfortunately, CPS doesn't really seem to be as caring for the children as they seem like in the movies. As long as there is a little food in the house and the children have a somewhat livable home, they won't pull a child from a parent it seems. That is kind of what my buddy told me.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Op there is no copies of birth certificate to get. She was basically born premature at seven months most likely in a bath tub or a bedroom in a house. Weighing only a couple pounds. This little girl is a miracle that she survived under no doctors care whatsoever.
Basically she is here but with no records..she is basically a ghost child.

I hope a lawyer can chime in.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Op there is no copies of birth certificate to get. She was basically born premature at seven months most likely in a bath tub or a bedroom in a house. Weighing only a couple pounds. This little girl is a miracle that she survived under no doctors care whatsoever.
Basically she is here but with no records..she is basically a ghost child.

I hope a lawyer can chime in.
She does sound like a miracle. But, there is someone out there who has gone thru the same thing as you., I'm sure of it. It's just a matter of finding them. Maybe getting with an adoption agency for some advice would work as well. Either way, it's unfortunate that you are in this situation. Me, being an adopted child myself and not knowing anything about my birth mother and father, I am very grateful for being adopted and this child will be very grateful to you for putting in the time, money and effort, no matter how many dead ends you come to or money you have to spend. It will be worth it when they are 18 years old calling you mom and dad. Keep thinking positive no matter how tough it gets. It WILL work out. Someone out there will be able to help you. I wish I could help you more.

MG0h3

Established Member
it's a great thing he is doing and your suggestion is for him to commit fraud and perjury, well done

Better than letting the meth heads get the kid. Or have CPS come take the kid and put her in a foster home. They are more inclined to do that than just hand the kid over the OP. I bet the methheads could show up high and drugs and he would have to hand the kid over.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No advice from me that hasn't already been said but kudos on what you are doing and I would donate to a legal fund if you started one.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
your stupid is showing. no it is not better than CPS being involved or a lawyer. You lie about something like this and even down the road when they find out you are accused of stealing the baby by the parents and you have NOTHING to prove otherwise and they have the fact that you lied about it being yours from the get go. now guess who gets the kid and who goes to jail. Lying about a baby belonging to you when it doesn't is really really stupid.

Better than letting the meth heads get the kid. Or have CPS come take the kid and put her in a foster home. They are more inclined to do that than just hand the kid over the OP. I bet the methheads could show up high and drugs and he would have to hand the kid over.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Hi there,

You have to adopt her in order to get a SSN and birth certificate. Once the adoption is final, the court will order you the birth certificate. With that, you can go to the Social Security office and apply for a SSN. Until the finalization, you can apply for a Adoption TIN for Tax purposes. I know you said, you can't afford a lawyer, but here is the deal: There is an adoption Tax Credit, which you can get after the adoption is final. I believe it is in the $12k range. I paid about $2500 for the lawyer, so there is no other way around and you also need a home study and post placement supervision. It is painful, but worth in the end.

Hope this helps,

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Here is one additional thought. Maybe you can start a gofundme for this purpose. I am not a huge fan of that, but going through the legal proceedings is your only choice to get things right, and because it is for a good cause, I believe you may be able to get some funding for your adoption from there.

LEXiiON

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I would not lie about the baby being yours. Not only could that look like child abduction should the truth about it not being yours come around, but if they found out the baby was a meth baby and think its your wifes, well thats a whole different can of worms. You don't want them to take away your visitation with your other kids because they think you are doing drugs.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
OP, you're doing an awesome thing, but as nice as I can say, you're asking the wrong people. We're mostly just a bunch of car guys. We can handle finding you a new set of headers, but not a complicated legal matter like this, although is seems LEXiiON gave you some legit sounding advice.

I would suggest you head over to reddit for starters, probably here: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/

Another ideal would be here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Adoption/

Read the rules and such of each before posting.

Folks there will be more knowledgeable on the matter than 99% of us here.

Users who are viewing this thread