Need Help!! Turbo guys

04compgt

Established Member
Jassim, like I said it definitely sounds like something is going on with the wastegates, few things to check are make sure the fire ring is seated properly, diaphragm, pressurize the bottom and top port of the gates with compressed air to make sure there are no leaks and the gate is moving the valve accordingly. If it isn't the wastegate then there is a flaw somewhere or restriction with the kit to be doing this. There is no reason for it to be dropping boost that fast as the RPM's go up.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
I'll say it again. I had issues with the precision 46's.

I didn't find my leak until I actually put a tiny bit of vacuum on the bottom port, and a line on the top with my finger over it to feel the suction. That's when I knew.

JTS_7

Established Member
Not sure how familiar you are personally with turbos.

Take a second and check this for me.

If you take the wastegate off the manifold there is a ring that slides in around the wastegate piston freely ( Google wastegate fire ring for image). Make sure it is there and sealing off correctly.

I stress this because I remember (if my memory serves me correctly) years ago a member on another forum was having a similar if not the exact issue and the shop did not install the fire ring in his gate. It is imperative to have it.

jassoom55

Established Member
I will check all of this on Monday and do several pulls to see if its still dropping boost. Im not really familiar with turbos, I had a procharger... but I dropped the car at the shop who installed the turbo and the engine and he will check it out and we will se after that.

jassoom55

Established Member
I will check all of this on monday, I dropped the car yesterday to the guy who installed the engine and turbo, and he has a lot of knowledge on turbos, unfortunately I'm a procharger guy and just switched to a turbo so... we will see what happens. and will let you know

Big Q

Established Member
Curious to hear if the OP figured this out as well, seeing a similar issue with my kit but on a stock block with lower boost settings...

JTS_7

Established Member
His last post was looking to buy a Paxton in the market.......I hope not lol

bigriff85

Established Member
I have 9.5:1 aluminator with boss intake ,KB BAP, ID1000's & mine is around 675/645 11psi but the last few hundred rpms (6300 on) the car loses power, but not boost. EDP 7675 w/ 3.5 inch open down pipe. TSS is tuning mine and advised to go from .30 on the plugs down to .25 to see if it helps otherwise he thinks there is a mechanical issue which i'm going to assume is back pressure. I made similar power up to 7k rpms w/ 13psi on a paxton w/ low timing on pump gas in the past. guess we'll see in a few days when i have time to get it back on the dyno. not very optimistic at this point...

jassoom55

Established Member
I have been trying to solve this problem now from 3 month, Im doing a 3" up pipe and going to put it on the dyno and see whats gonna happen.

Big Q

Established Member
I have been trying to solve this problem now from 3 month, Im doing a 3" up pipe and going to put it on the dyno and see whats gonna happen.

Interested to hear the outcome, have you spoken to Danny about the issue and what was his response?

jassoom55

Established Member
As soon as I figure out whats the problem I will let you know, but both of my wastages are good, my bov is fine my vacuum lines are fine, 3 different tuners told me its back pressure, probably the up pipe, because its not the down pipe. here you can see the graph ur self. IMG_9622.jpeg

Once I increase the boost, top end power falls down harder.

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
I notice you have custom cams and they are locked out. I'm dumb but could cam profile and how they are degreed in (example how much overlap) have an impact on how things react to conditions like back pressure once it is getting up in RPMS and actually making some pressure?

jassoom55

Established Member
Cams degreed right I'm sure of that, I asked couple of professional engine builder, and what made me so sure about it that my best friend has the same kit, stock engine, cams, etc.. the car did the same thing. those cams may need a bigger turbo but defiantly they are not doing that, when I saw my friend's car. the 3" up pipe is now done I'm just waiting on 4' down pipe also and then see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread