Need help quick, where to buy best brake fluid online

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I live up here in the sticks of grand forks, auto parts stores don't have much. What is the best brake fluid for a daily driver. I have done a ton of searching and heard of a few, what is the best for the money and is there a site where I could buy the brake fluid, mobil 1 ATF fluid for the T-56 and maybe a motive power bleeder? thanks

weaselp1

Established Member
I live up here in the sticks of grand forks, auto parts stores don't have much. What is the best brake fluid for a daily driver. I have done a ton of searching and heard of a few, what is the best for the money and is there a site where I could buy the brake fluid, mobil 1 ATF fluid for the T-56 and maybe a motive power bleeder? thanks

If you are looking for quality brake fluid for the daily driver get ford mortorcraft dot3 from a ford dealer; it is good stuff for the money. If you want dot4 fluid go ate type 200 ($20 on amazon)

as far as where to buy amazon prime is your friend :) good luck!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
mobil 1 ATF fluid for the T-56

I personally never had good luck with Mobile 1 ATF. The gears would catch or grate a little on shifting. I was told it's because it's to slippery to the point where the synco's can't grab good enough and do their job. If that's really true or not I couldn't say for sure but I do know it shifted like crap for me personally.

I tried OEM fluid from Ford and just about every other major brand at the autoparts store as well as GM syncromesh from the GM dealer. Eventually the fluid I found that it shifted the smoothest and best on was Pennzoil syncromesh.
I think the GM syncromesh may have been good too (been years ago, I forget) but it was way more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread