Need help identifying this kit please (PICS)

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Trying to find out who makes this kit that I acquired and maybe some instructions. Looks like an k-member w/ the arms and some other stuff I'm unclear on. I'm new to suspensions so I'm trying to learn here. No markings or labels on it. I'm trying to find some info on it and searching the interwebs pulled up nothing. If someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it. Thanks...

--Matt

img00278201106231756.jpg

img00281201106231804.jpg

Last edited:

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
That sir is a front subframe(K-member), not a rear subframe. I've never seen that kit before but I'm sure someone who knows will chime in.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Come on guys, this is supposed to be the premier terminator site for technical know-how and advice and I only have 2 replies?!?! I know more of you fellas may know something about this or where to look for more info but instead skip over it and banter about how super cool our cars are.

I'm a member of an adjacent Lightning site where a number of them have cobras or know quite a bit about mustang suspensions and already have 2 pages of guys chiming in with all sorts of info about what's in this kit, and what I'll need for it.

Come on guys, help a brother out!

--Matt

TRBO VNM

Come on guys, this is supposed to be the premier terminator site for technical know-how and advice and I only have 2 replies?!?! I know more of you fellas may know something about this or where to look for more info but instead skip over it and banter about how super cool our cars are.

I'm a member of an adjacent Lightning site where a number of them have cobras or know quite a bit about mustang suspensions and already have 2 pages of guys chiming in with all sorts of info about what's in this kit, and what I'll need for it.

Come on guys, help a brother out!

--Matt

So you posted on another site and they have pretty much given you most of the answers and yet you are giving everyone here a hard time for not responding?

Maybe people here have not seen that kmember before so they haven't posted. Would you rather have 2 pages full of posts by people saying "I don't know what brand that is"?

And yeah, never seen that design before and can't tell you much about all the other parts since they are still wrapped up. Yes, looks like there are a-arms there. Looks like there may be another arm as well, almost like an upper arm for it to accept a different than factory spindle? Need better pics and parts unwrapped to tell.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
So you posted on another site and they have pretty much given you most of the answers and yet you are giving everyone here a hard time for not responding?

Maybe people here have not seen that kmember before so they haven't posted. Would you rather have 2 pages full of posts by people saying "I don't know what brand that is"?

And yeah, never seen that design before and can't tell you much about all the other parts since they are still wrapped up. Yes, looks like there are a-arms there. Looks like there may be another arm as well, almost like an upper arm for it to accept a different than factory spindle? Need better pics and parts unwrapped to tell.

Well considering it is a site where they don't even have a section for Terminators, then yes I will give the boatload of people here a hard time for making the marginal attempt at providing any assistance whatsoever. :dw:

svtjoe123 and jimmysidecarr have at least given me some info and I appreciate that. And based off what you said, you're saying that only 3 people... 3 friggin people in this huge site are the only ones who may have enough G2 to say anything? Whatever man. :rolleyes:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Put it together on the floor and take more pictures.

It looks like it might be a long arm/short arm, non-McPherson strut front suspension with a ridiculously long lower a arm. :shrug:

No numbers or markings on it anywhere?

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
If its an SLA suspension, I wanna know what brand and hopefully its cheaper than all the other outrageously priced systems.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Pretty sure it's a $4,500 k-member plus the other parts yet some of our longer standing members are telling the guy to lose his internet?

Come on people this is a chance to learn what else is out there even if you're never going to use it. Be pretty neat to see it's intended application.

The OP clearly has a Terminator so he's part of "our little family".

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
How did you acquire this and where did it come from? The person you got it from didn't have any info at all for it?

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I'm not sure thats even for an 03/04. I may be wrong but I've searched a ton different K-mambers for our car and the ones for ours have mounts in completely different spots. But then again it may look different when you have that thing all put together...

Ironhand

Banned
I'm not sure thats even for an 03/04. I may be wrong but I've searched a ton different K-mambers for our car and the ones for ours have mounts in completely different spots. But then again it may look different when you have that thing all put together...

No. Any Foxbody, SN-95, or New Edge K member will fit.

It is actually missing the engine mounts. So Im guessing its a one off K member or one designed for custom or customer made engine mounts.

The K member has the right layout and everything seems to be in place except the engine mounts.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Pretty sure it's a $4,500 k-member plus the other parts yet some of our longer standing members are telling the guy to lose his internet?

Come on people this is a chance to learn what else is out there even if you're never going to use it. Be pretty neat to see it's intended application.

The OP clearly has a Terminator so he's part of "our little family".

Thanks amigo, I've heard from several sources that this kit costs $3k+ and I spent only 1k for it all.

How did you acquire this and where did it come from? The person you got it from didn't have any info at all for it?

A friend bought his cobra and this kit came with it. No instructions or information on it. There is no stamps or markings on it anywhere.

Check out this one from Granatelli. There's a pretty big difference where the thing mounts, no?

grn-gmtk7995_w.gif

I agree with you there. Not really sure about it all to that degree. I guess I'll really find out whenever I pull the front end apart and test fit it. Won't happen for another couple of weeks though, but I'm trying to gather all the info I can on it by then.

What I'm more concerned about is what type of coilover setup I'm going to have to run. I'm going to go ahead and mock it up and see how it all fits and compares to other setups. Another member mentioned that and I think its a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread