Need Help deciding next mod

fastgt110

Established Member
I have been searching around the forums and of course prices at lethal and i cant decide what next set of mods i want to do. I got about 6-700$ and this is what i narrowed it down to. Was thinking 1. afco heatexchanger and a wideband setup or 2. 2.76 pulley, plugs, tune, Also i want to throw a linelock in there too :banana: So any suggestions would be great to help me make my decision. My ultimate goal for the car is to get around 500rwhp and ill be happy... for a little while that is :rockon:

03dsgsnake

Established Member
Trust me just go twin screw and dont look back!!!!! i spent sooooooooo much on little mods only to regret it and then go whipple and never looked back

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I think a wideband is a wise investment for one of these cars... well worth it for the piece of mind.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I'd go with the pulley and tune. As long as you get a solid tune on the car I wouldn't worry about the wideband.

Trust me just go twin screw and dont look back!!!!! i spent sooooooooo much on little mods only to regret it and then go whipple and never looked back

What little mods did you do that you couldn't use with a TS? A pulley and ported blower are about the only things that wouldn't be a supporting mod with a TS blower and both can be sold to make back the initial money spent on them.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
As long as you get a solid tune on the car I wouldn't worry about the wideband.
I rarely disagree with you on much of anything but... it's so nice to look down at a gauge and know for sure that everything in your system: fuel, comp and MAF is working correctly anytime you want.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree about the wideband. A "must have" for any modded (with tune) Terminator. It looks like you have the stock pulley based on your signature, so I'd definitely recommend a smaller pulley and tune with the wideband. You said you're shooting for around 500rwhp. With a 2.76 upper (only) you're likely "only" going to see around 475. Still close. To hit or exceed 500 you'll need either nitrous or a ported blower. Best of luck with your mods.

Rob04SVT

Established Member
+1 Bob, but with going 2.76 comes the need for some idlers. I've been shopping around a lot lately as well, and the 2.76 with Idlers, plugs and tune will probably put you a bit above the $700 you mentioned.

I'm putting back every quarter I can spare to go with that set-up. (BF 2.76, BF 4-Piece Idler Kit, Tune, NGKs, Wideband and H/E) I want to say off the top of my head that it'll run me about $1200 for all, maybe more.

But Bob is right about the 500 mark. If this is your goal, you may just want to put back more for either the Stieg job or Twin Screw! :burnout:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I rarely disagree with you on much of anything but... it's so nice to look down at a gauge and know for sure that everything in your system: fuel, comp and MAF is working correctly anytime you want.

I know what you mean, but when I had my wideband I caught myself looking at it every time I went WOT worried if it would be ok. When the sensors would go bad, I would be worried that there was something wrong with the car. In the end I sold it because I spent more time worrying if the WB was correct and staring at it every time I went WOT then really enjoying driving the car.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
+1 Bob, but with going 2.76 comes the need for some idlers. I've been shopping around a lot lately as well, and the 2.76 with Idlers, plugs and tune will probably put you a bit above the $700 you mentioned.

You don't need all four idlers, the only one that helps with belt wrap it the aux. idler. The others are there for looks, and the rare case that the stock idlers explode.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I know what you mean, but when I had my wideband I caught myself looking at it every time I went WOT worried if it would be ok.
That's true... engine monitoring can become an obsession. I've had to train myself to check the various gauges only periodically and focus more on enjoying driving the car :coolman:

How often did your sensor go bad?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
That's true... engine monitoring can become an obsession. I've had to train myself to check the various gauges only periodically and focus more on enjoying driving the car :coolman:

How often did your sensor go bad?

:lol: I agree! I've had to set my aeroforce gauge to just alert me when there is something wrong with FPDC or MAF counts etc. This way I'm not looking at it all the time worrying. The wideband I had was great for about a month, then the sensors would constantly go bad after that. I've had a few local buddies with some that have lasted a good while before needing to replace the sensor, others have had the same problems I've had replacing theirs rather often. In the end I just made sure I had a good tune and sold the wideband.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Total Thread Hijack

I've had to set my aeroforce gauge to just alert me when there is something wrong with FPDC or MAF counts etc.
So you ended up getting one, huh? What color combo? Yeah being able to set the Aeroforce gauge to alert you on a FPDC value is something I find tremendously useful. Anyway I do recall there being a certain brand of wideband that had a lot of premature failures... don't remember which though. Was that the one you had?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I did give in, I couldn't help it since it's such a functional gauge. I went with the silver face/black bezel, it matches rather well. As for the wideband I had an Innovate LC-1, most people that I've met with them have had consistant problems. Very few that I know of have had theirs work flawlessly.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know what you mean, but when I had my wideband I caught myself looking at it every time I went WOT worried if it would be ok. When the sensors would go bad, I would be worried that there was something wrong with the car. In the end I sold it because I spent more time worrying if the WB was correct and staring at it every time I went WOT then really enjoying driving the car.

You could also buy a portable wideband and use it after making motor mods, or to check your tune when you have the need to do so. Then you wouldn't have to stare at it all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread