need help buying a cobra

meathogg

Established Member
Looking at a Cobra need help to see if a pulley or snout has been pulled *pic*

This car has 69k, was a trade in guy(salesman) bought it cheap turning around selling it to me for 14.5k. Looking to see if there any mods on the car that you can see? Supposedly it sees 15 psi, headers, exhaust, shifter handle and that's about it. The guy said when you get in and start the car the tcs light does not come on so does that mean it has been turned off with a tune? I'm really excited to get this car but with that said i don't want to buy a ticking time bomb when i can spend 4k more and get a whipple cobra.

IMG_0037.gif

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Thats pretty cheap. Looks like a stock blower, smaller pulley(2.8 or 2.76) and possibly an aftermarket air filter housing. 15psi and the car runs and gets in boost fine, then it must be tuned. Traction control light should be on all the time if the car was tuned that way. I would ask for the persons info that traded it in. If this dealership knows what the car is they would know you cant tinker with these things without doing it right

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Looks like pulley and Intake atleast, like jefe said the light would be on if the TCS was tuned off. I would get a leak down test and get it on the dyno to check a/f ratio!

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I am real big on looking at the cleanliness of a car as to how well the owner took care of the mechanics. IMO I would pass and spend the extra on another car with a good history. GL

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
Definitely not a bad price.

I would check the oil, and make sure the car doesn't have the "head tick" and also check the rear end to see if it's leaking.

Good luck :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a super low price, so I would proceed with caution. Get the car thoroughly checked out. Very thoroughly checked out. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread