Need help bad!!!!

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Ok this one is kinda screwed up guys. Built the motor for my car over the winter and got it back in the car and everything. Car runs great smokes a lil bit,(lookin like valve seals are out on the new heads) but the main thing is that when I start to lean into the car hard from about 2k it pretty much just seems to cut out. I have a raptor shift light in the car and that even flashes like its rebooting almost. The car will come out of it instantly and then pull like a raped ape. As its pullin sometimes it seems to cut in and out but its so breif and it keeps going.

The a/f stays right at 11.5 to 11.6 thoughout the pull. I have Rick :bowdown: from Amazon tuning the car and it runs great no complaints there. I went through and checked my wiring from my shift light thinking it might be something with that but all wiring there is good. Everything under the as for electrical connections looks good and is tight. I just not sure where to go on this or what PIDS I should be watching. Any clues here guys??? :shrug: Im open to any suggestions. Thanks ahead of time!! :beer:

Dan

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
.020" over with JE forged pistons, stock crank and rods, had everything balanced. New revised heads, Crower Stage 3's, JBA shorties, MAFia, 60 lbs which I spliced in due to the old style injector and didnt have time to wait on the harness's, Diablo for the tuning, LM1, KB 2.2 @ 17 psi for now findanza flywheel and Centerforce DFX. Evenflow cooling mod, LFP heat exchanger and running TR6's at .032". Thats pretty much everything that I can think of other then the Raptor shift light thats spliced into the PCM for rpm signal. Anything else ya wanna know?

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I was thinkin fuel too at first but the wideband shows that its stay at 11.5 so I kinda shied away from that. Im thinkin its either something in the tune or an electrical issure due to the fact that the raptor shift light flashes like the key was cycled......

Mystic03

Established Member
rick is a good guy ask him of your problem if he tuned it didnt that happen while he was tuning or is it a mail order?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I was thinkin fuel too at first but the wideband shows that its stay at 11.5 so I kinda shied away from that. Im thinkin its either something in the tune or an electrical issure due to the fact that the raptor shift light flashes like the key was cycled......

Sure sounds like a fuel issue,as mentioned,log it.Could be a maf,O2 or pump issue.Something stupid here,when`s the last time you changed the fuel filter?

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Fuel filter has been in the last 3000 miles or so, but then again that doesnt mean it couldnt be the filter. Yea Im gonna go do some dataloggin and watch the voltage for the alternator, was startin to think the same thing and also watch the MAF O2 and Fuel Pump just to try and get some more insight. Oh and its a mail order tune, or should I say about the 7th tune, haha.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Yea im gonna have to run through all my grounds again. Some of those lovely connectors love this salt and sand we get up here in this lovely place I call home since it was my DD for about 2 years. If I remember right the main grounds for the PCM and DLC are up by the battery right???

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Ok so I went out and played a lil bit with the Diablo and did some datalogging. Found that all the FRP stays between 38 and 40 psi so that should be good, fuel pump never went over 42 percent. MAF had a nice steady voltage climb when leaning into the throttle. Then started to watch the VPWR and found that under hard accel when the car would stumble and no almost feels like it misses as it pulls that the lowest I seen was 12.6 volts. At that point I was pretty confident Ive found an issue, started to drive home and just as im about 2 miles from home the car loses power and just dies, checked FRP and its at 3 psi, checked and have no fuel at scharder valve. Cycled key and hear no fuel pumps engaging. Checked fuses to BAP and Fuel Pump fuse, all fuses are good. So did I lose the pumps, the FPDM or the BAP???

Talk about a great way to start a Saturday night! HAHA

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Anyone know or ever datalogged to see what your VPWR is under a WOT pull? Im seeing 13.1-12.6 volts and i've got a feeling this is too low. Not sure if this is the hesitation problem though. Only thing I can think of is that the load gets too great the moment I lean into it and causing too much of a draw for the alternator to keep up with the demands from the coils, fuel pumps, injectors, etc...

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Voltage power. Should be the PID that gives you a readout of what voltage the alternator is putting out.

Users who are viewing this thread