Need help bad!!!!

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
^^^^ Damn did not know that! Thats some good info to know. I was looking through the wiring diagrams at work today just to try and get an idea. Im still thinking I should be seeing more then 12.8 volts @ WOT. Anyone have an idea?? Im gonna toss my optima in my car outta my truck and see if that changes anything, its free and worth a shot I guess.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I think the daily driver might get mad at me. Oh well the 1300 beater will get over it, or maybe ill just go pick up another one. Love those batteries for wheeling!!

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Well put my optima in today since it finally stopped raining and went out for a spin and does the exact same thing yet, voltage does look a little better though while watching the PID. Emailed Rick and waiting to hear what he says on the deal.

04spinbra

Established Member
Ok so I went out and played a lil bit with the Diablo and did some datalogging. Found that all the FRP stays between 38 and 40 psi so that should be good, fuel pump never went over 42 percent. MAF had a nice steady voltage climb when leaning into the throttle. Then started to watch the VPWR and found that under hard accel when the car would stumble and no almost feels like it misses as it pulls that the lowest I seen was 12.6 volts. At that point I was pretty confident Ive found an issue, started to drive home and just as im about 2 miles from home the car loses power and just dies, checked FRP and its at 3 psi, checked and have no fuel at scharder valve. Cycled key and hear no fuel pumps engaging. Checked fuses to BAP and Fuel Pump fuse, all fuses are good. So did I lose the pumps, the FPDM or the BAP???

Talk about a great way to start a Saturday night! HAHA

ive always been told to listen when i cycle the key if i dont hear the pump dont start because they go out on these cars!! goodluck on fixing the car!!

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Thanks man but I got it running again. Guess I suck at soldering cuz one of the wires to the BAP came off. Cheap easy fix but still got the hesitation....

Users who are viewing this thread