Need Advice with fuel issue

04REDWHIP

Established Member
here is the issue i had my car in to get it dynotune and my fuel is cuttin of at 4500RPM. the shop i have it at wants me to buy a kit from lethal performance instead of just switching the pump. my car is an 04 Cobra with a 3.4 whipple pushing 25 psi. I know the setup they want me to get is the best way to go but i dont have the money to drop on it. I am not totally sure what my car has in it to begin with i bought the car with most the work already done. i know it has a keene bell boost a pump but i dont know if the other pump is stock or not. Also is there a how to to change the pump anywere? I tried searching but nothing comes up

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
It sure would be great to know exactly what you have??

Has your fuel system been switched to return or is it still returnless? If you have a Whipple 3.4 and you're pushing 25psi like you say you are then thats a substantial amount of power and I recommend nothing less than a quality return setup.

Anyways the bottom line is that in order for us to give you any decent advice we need to know exactly what you have. What exactly did the tuner recommend anyway, what system?

04REDWHIP

Established Member
they recommended this one LP-0304COBRETURN Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Return Style Fuel System. I dont know if my car has a return style already or not i know very little about what is on the car since i bought it this way. As far as power i hit 530rwhp with the fuel issue. is there any easy way i can figure out what it has without takin it all apart

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Do you know the previous owner and can get in touch with him?
What fuel are you running?
Is the car set up for E85?
What is your race gas track power goal?
What is your pump gas street power goal?
What injectors are you running?
Do you have two pulley and belt set ups for street and track?
And a tune for each?

Why did you buy a car with a 3.4 Whipple running 25psi without knowing every key engine related supporting mod, and then NOT knowing if the car had them or not

Last edited:

04REDWHIP

Established Member
Jimmy- i bought the car that way because i found it at a dealership and ofcourse they knew nothing about it. The price was right and i could not say no.

I run 93 octane gas in it now going to do a street tune and a race tune once my feul problem is fixed then i will run race fuel.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I would stay out of boost until you can pulley down to 93 octane boost levels and make sure the car has the right stuff for fuel delivery at that rather advanced level. 25 psi is not 93 octane friendly.

You will want to find a Terminator or at least a late model Ford expert locally, either an individual or a shop, to assist you in identifying what components are currently on your car.

Then you can safely proceed with confidence and buy what's needed or save for it.

Users who are viewing this thread