Need a work/business watch under $700

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
i wouldn't compare the two. in terms of functionality, a $20 timex does the same thing that a $25,000 rolex does - it tells time. thats it. hell, you can ask someone what time it is and get the time for free. modding a car, it is so you can get the thrill of speed. so, a $5000 car wont give you the same thrill as a modded car. so with a car, more invested in it, more joy/speed/thrill. with a watch, they all do the same no matter the price.

Actually... a $5000 car can give you the same thrill..

my cheap 350z, is more fun to drive around turns than my modded camaro SS.. so there went that logic.

Also all cars DO THE SAME THING.. they drive. It's on how you drive it that makes it different... Same with watches they all tell time, but do it differently.

Nice attempt though
=------------

Also for everyone else Prime Day AMazon has Eco Drives on sale for $139.. this one in particular

bj7010-59e_24.jpg

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Thats is a nice looking watch, I would rather have it that any fake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Thats is a nice looking watch, I would rather have it that any fake.

For 139 bucks.. it's hard to beat for what it is.. I would buy it, if I didnt just have another watch delivered today lol

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member

my cheap 350z, is more fun to drive around turns than my modded camaro SS.. so there went that logic.

Also all cars DO THE SAME THING.. they drive. It's on how you drive it that makes it different... Same with watches they all tell time, but do it differently.

Nice attempt though
=------------

Also for everyone else Prime Day AMazon has Eco Drives on sale for $139.. this one in particular

View attachment 1502181
if thats true, it sounds like that SS was modded by an idiot. no amount of money will compensate for ignorance.

you know who modded it? just curious

blk02edge

Established Member
if thats true, it sounds like that SS was modded by an idiot. no amount of money will compensate for ignorance.

guy at my track has a spec miata, Radical sr3 and a C7Z... I never see that corvette. That spec miata is there every weekend though.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member

It's a bolt on car.. aka modded.

If you think a bolt on aka modded camaro SS is more fun around turns than a 350z that was built for turns.. I don't know what to tell you. Is the Camaro more fun in a straight line? Yup sure.

Fact is... a $50 watch will do the same thing as a $5000 watch... internally they are two different things.

Hell look at a $50 skeleton watch vs a $500, there is no comparison.

I can find a $50 watch that looks as good as a $5000 watch, hell I have one that I love that was less than $100 that people think is more expensive. But those that know watches know better.

If I'm going to Chilis I'll wear one kind of watch, if I'm going out with a client I'll wear another.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Some years ago my next door neighbor worked at the top jewelry store in the area. He told me that they bought quartz watches from Japan. The face selection was endless and they paid $8.00 for them. They had a building full of people putting bands on them, sticking them in a pretty box and the called them House Watches they sold boatloads for $250.00 to $375.00 from the same case the Rolexes were in.
Just to give you an idea how much a jeweler has in the every day watch.
Adjust for inflation. $30_$35

04YellowGT

Established Member
I have a couple higher end fake Rolex watches and they are damn near impossible to tell the difference from by just looking or even holding them. I've had them side by side with gens and you have to have a sharp eye and really know your watches to tell the difference without opening them up. The biggest difference is how the crown screws in and the the feel of the bezel on say the submariner I have.

I've just always liked the style of the some of the Rolex watches. I don't talk or try to brag about them and pass them off as gen and if some one asks me I tell them its a fake. I also never where them to work. I bought them to figure out which watch I would buy the gen in. I have a Submariner no date, Milgauss, and Explorer 2. We are heading to Vegas in October and I may look into picking up an Explorer 2 while we are there. Worst case I'll pick one up next year for my 30th.

What I will say, if you see what the Chinese are doing with these knock offs and for the price you can buy them for, you are getting royally screwed by the gen manufacturer. Its getting even worse now as Rolex is starting limit supply which is driving up cost. Having researched them fairly heavily I'm still willing to fork out the price of one because I think it will be a cool family heirloom one day.

blk02edge

Established Member
I have a couple higher end fake Rolex watches and they are damn near impossible to tell the difference from by just looking or even holding them. I've had them side by side with gens and you have to have a sharp eye and really know your watches to tell the difference without opening them up. The biggest difference is how the crown screws in and the the feel of the bezel on say the submariner I have.

I've just always liked the style of the some of the Rolex watches. I don't talk or try to brag about them and pass them off as gen and if some one asks me I tell them its a fake. I also never where them to work. I bought them to figure out which watch I would buy the gen in. I have a Submariner no date, Milgauss, and Explorer 2. We are heading to Vegas in October and I may look into picking up an Explorer 2 while we are there. Worst case I'll pick one up next year for my 30th.

What I will say, if you see what the Chinese are doing with these knock offs and for the price you can buy them for, you are getting royally screwed by the gen manufacturer. Its getting even worse now as Rolex is starting limit supply which is driving up cost. Having researched them fairly heavily I'm still willing to fork out the price of one because I think it will be a cool family heirloom one day.
This is why I prefer a steinhart, sub style without the retarded price that a real rolex isnt worth while not being a phony

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The only statement a $700.00 watch makes about you is that you can’t afford a good watch.

Buy a new suit instead and carry your phone with you.

I strongly disagree.

Actually wearing a classical styled watch, regardless of value is a strong style statement today. Much more elegant than wearing a Fitbit, iwatch or whatever.

Just realize a $700 watch isn’t an investment or anything and plenty of $80-200 watches look nice and function well.

Go Automatic, avoid quartz.

Plenty of Seikos, I’d also recommend a Vostok or Invicta Diver.

Get that invicta for $80, grab a nato strap and boom. Done son.

BRNG ITT

Established Member

Nice attempt though
=------------

View attachment 1502181

Here’s the Citizen I would like.

D366D8A5-F566-4153-87F6-1C7E766083D5.jpeg

cbj5259

Established Member
I just bought these two recently...a LIV and a Torgoen. Very happy with both. The LIV was $490 and the Torgoen was around $400.
5d1892bbd9379b3a4a6b6bc971324d55.jpg
5efb13c94cc8b857ec4be4c5865f0768.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
When I bought my Triumph Speed Triple R in '15, I was supposed to get a limited edition watch with it. They go for around $300 on ebay.

The dealership must have run off with it because I never got it.

SAD!

Blown 89

Established Member
Fact is... a $50 watch will do the same thing as a $5000 watch... internally they are two different things.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. A $300k McLaren and a Focus RS do the same thing. Internally they are different. However.....one is much faster than the other. The McLaren performs better in every conceivable fashion. A $5,000 watch however, does not tell time better than a cheaper watch. That's possibly where the car comparison falls flat on its face.

I appreciate nice things and there are certainly some high end watches I think look amazing and have some amazing features that lower end watches don't have. There's a point, much like cars, where it gets too ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread