O4COBRA

Established Member
Will this one work!!
66200472842PM62091.jpg

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
You might get the ticket for having that low rider with 30'' rims in the pic. :lol:

m8trix00

Established Member
damn that is strict

we can have 5% on the back window

and 30% on the sides

hope it works out for you. Good Luck

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by RJCobra
I'm an MD (although not an opthalmologist), but I can't think of any medical condition or retinopathy that necessitates darker than legal window tint (or any tint for that matter). What's the diagnosis?

I don't have the note in front of me at work here, but I believe the term was "photophobia".

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by n0xlf
That would be retinal wantdarktintopathy, which is very similar to many of the conditions that relate to insurance claims for neck and spinal injuries diagnosed by your local chiropractor, as well as cases that require the use of medicinal marijuana....

...... and I'm not really a doctor, but I play one on the internet :coolman:

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
I have 13% all the way around and two cops gave me the thumbs up as they passed me in the cruiser a couple months ago...It just depends on the officer and whether they have a quota for the day...

-pete:coolman:

Delos04 Mach

Established Member
Where we live the cops have NOTHING better to do so they pull anybody over for anything. They see a nice car drive by and they will pull it over for the mud flaps. I don't have mine done yet but in my old 02 I never had a problem. Mine were really light on the sides...not like Mike's...his look like there painted black.

gnxs

Established Member
This might give you an idea of the kind of police force we have in this town I work in and the thread starter lives in (by the way, it's a very upscale, low crime town). I found this on another site:

"you forgot where i live. Just think of all the money that naperville has to spend on its police. We have 2 Ford Excursions, 1 300M, (they say) 3 tuned black civics, LS1 camaro, 5 or 6 impalas, 2 bikes, a WRX, a ford windstar, a honda oddsy, and the list still goes on. And those are all under cover. They even have normal plates. & Lets not for get the normal cop cars."

RJCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by n0xlf
That would be retinal wantdarktintopathy, which is very similar to many of the conditions that relate to insurance claims for neck and spinal injuries diagnosed by your local chiropractor, as well as cases that require the use of medicinal marijuana....
:thumbsup:
Out of curiosity I've spoken to several of my colleagues who are opthalmologists. None of them would write a doctor's note like that. If you're photophobic, you can wear sunglasses. If headlights at night are a severe problem, most states will issue a license restriction for daytime driving only.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but think about it from the cops' perspective. If he pulls you over, he NEEDS to see inside your car, for obvious reasons.

gnxs

Established Member
:thumbsup:
Out of curiosity I've spoken to several of my colleagues who are opthalmologists. None of them would write a doctor's note like that. If you're photophobic, you can wear sunglasses. If headlights at night are a severe problem, most states will issue a license restriction for daytime driving only.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but think about it from the cops' perspective. If he pulls you over, he NEEDS to see inside your car, for obvious reasons.

I stayed out of the Donut Shop so I wouldn't get lectured by a cop, so I get it here from an MD. :shrug:

1) Forgive me if I don't run out to Motor Vehicles to try to get them to restrict me to drive only during the day. Am I supposed to walk home from work during the Winter when it gets dark at 4:30? Why isn't using the exemption written into the law a viable alternative?

2) I suspect the exemption put into the law may be for situations just like mine. I'm not a doctor and I'm not a lawmaker, but somebody saw a need to have it written in.

3) I know why the law was written. That's why my windows always go down when I'm pulled over, hands on the top of the steering wheel. Why is it that the majority of states DO allow tint?

4) In my driveway you can see into my car (even at night) with the light side tint I have (50%). I can only imagine what it looks like to a cop walking up with all his flood lights trained on me.

5) I guess if I lived in Tallahassee this would be a non-issue with your tint laws in Florida. :)

RJCobra

Established Member
Didn't mean to lecture, just trying to understand. Are you saying that in your state ANY and ALL tint is illegal? In Florida tint is allowed unless it's too dark on the sides. No tint is alllowed on the front windshield and I think you can go as dark as you want on the rear windshield.

I was just curious what medical conditions they are referring to in paragraph g1. I suppose melanoma might be one of those conditions. Also some people with certain conditions can develop a severe rash upon sun exposure.

gnxs

Established Member
Didn't mean to lecture, just trying to understand. Are you saying that in your state ANY and ALL tint is illegal? In Florida tint is allowed unless it's too dark on the sides. No tint is alllowed on the front windshield and I think you can go as dark as you want on the rear windshield.

I was just curious what medical conditions they are referring to in paragraph g1. I suppose melanoma might be one of those conditions. Also some people with certain conditions can develop a severe rash upon sun exposure.

Sorry if my reply was a little terse, but I had previously had a heated discussion about this and was probably a little over sensitive.

As to your first question, no, IL does not allow any tint on the side. Florida is 30% or 35% I believe and mine is 50% (i.e. lighter than FL law), but that's not kosher in IL.

I couldn't tell you what medical conditions they might mean (with your background I'm sure you would know better than I), but I'm hoping my note helps if I'm stopped. If not I'll have to pay the fine like everybody else. I was a little disappointed to hear what happened to the guy who started this thread.

Also, my eye doctor in an optometrist, not an opthamologist, so I might also have trouble in court.

Users who are viewing this thread