need a new DD. cobalt ss or srt-4

Gravik

Established Member
OP, if you get one, be prepared for everyone and their grandmother to try and race you. I've had my SRT for like 2 weeks and already had more people try and race me than in the 1.5 years I had my '01 GT.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I bought and srt4 when they first came out. Had it for a few years, I really enjoyed the car and had a lot of fun in it and raced a lot of quick cars.
I vote for the neon.

dsc009165fr.jpg

dscn0869ry2.jpg

Gravik

Established Member
Agreed.

Yup, dont gotta tell me, I had 3 buddies with SRT4's, from S2 w/toys to AGP 50trims on e85. The latter made my cobra with numbers in sig look slow.

I constantly think about trading the fusion for one, id still keep 4dr's and gain power and a manual, drop build quality, comfort and mileage though. If I could find one at a dealer with under 40k on it, that was pristine and high single digits id do it. The ones my buddies had were dead nuts reliable even modded, they never had any bs issues other than the tps issue (fixed with extending the harness).
There's a bone stock '04 with 35k miles for sale here. Think the guy wants $11k obo

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I bought and srt4 when they first came out. Had it for a few years, I really enjoyed the car and had a lot of fun in it and raced a lot of quick cars.
I vote for the neon.

dsc009165fr.jpg

dscn0869ry2.jpg

That is exactly how my best friends looked! Black with bronze FN01rc's or whatever, even had the same yellow driving light tint. He had it on hotchkis suspension iirc, did bushings and some other stuff (swaybars) on S2 w/toys, perrin fmic and some other odds and ends. Thing was a ****ing go-kart.

Mach828

Established Member
If you wanted a inexpensive turbo 4 to hurt feelings on the street, mod like crazy, and roll race, I'd recommend the srt4.

If you want something for an enjoyable daily and good mpg, I'd get the Cobalt SS.

Users who are viewing this thread