NE Ohio Roll Call

snakecharmr99

Established Member
Mike...your correct KB. Warranty has been long gone. When I had my 99 Cobra, I was always concerned about trying to keep my car "dealer friendly" and quick, it was a losing battle. With this one I decided I would settle for just quick.

SNKBITE... I usually run at Thompson or Norwalk. I have been to Quaker City once, have not been to Dragway 42. I used to work right behind the Walton Hills plant, got some pretty strict police there. That's a pretty hefty commute to work.

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
I must be confused as to where the strips are. I thought Thompson was dragway 42. What are the public nights at each one and how much do they cost? Do many people show up? Are there alot of cars that would smoke my unmodded '03? I'm kinda nervous about the track because I've only lost once on the street and that was to some kind of pro-street beast that you normally only see at the track. I've never driven at the track before and am kinda nervous that I would do something wrong and look like an ass-clown in front of a bunch of people :)

snakecharmr99

Established Member
Mike, here goes. Thompson is east of Cleveland, Norwalk is west, Dragway 42 is southwest and Quaker City is southeast. They are all pretty much an hours drive from Cleveland. I think Thompson and Norwalk have a Wednesday night program, not sure about the other two. Norwalk also has TNT (test and tune) on most Friday nights, Thompson is also open on Saturday and Sunday (daytime) depending on the schedule. Norwalk can get pretty crowded on Fridays, sometimes you can only get 3 or 4 runs in, but it is the best track around in my opinion. Thompson usually isn't too crowded, 5 or 6 runs easy and is almost as good as Norwalk.

As far as competition, trust me, you will get beat by something. I've had my ass handed to me everywhere I've been. But don't take that the wrong way, most of the street cars run in the 13's or slower. As far as looking like an ass-clown, I wouldn't worry about that. It's not like John Force is looking to recruit the rest of us, LOL!!! Seriously, you should just go out and have a good time. It's a real blast, and 99% of the people are really helpful and friendly. :coolman:

SNKBITE

Established Member
42 has a Tuesday (Ricer) and test and tune night, a Wednesday anything goes night, and of course thier regular weekend points meets. You can usually find me there on Wednesday nights running in the "anything goes" class. You can run against a fully modified drag car, or a 17.99 street car in this class.
Quaker City which is cleaner and better kept than 42, but slower as the last 400 foot is on an incline, has Wednesday night "Street Wars" , which is exactly as it states, street cars with classes from stock to modified, and Friday and Saturday points programs.
I have also run at Quaker City on Wednesday nights as it is closer to home and I know some of the regulars and like to meet them once in a while.
But as I previously stated, most Wednesday nights I am at 42.
I have a larger group there that I know and enjoy running againts. Several Lightnings and Cobras every week here.
You get more runs at 42.
As for being concerned that you will make a mistake and look foolish, forget it, we all had to start somewhere. Besides there are always enought SVT guys there that will help you out if you ask, or they think you need it.
Come on out !!!!

tmm808

SVT Veteran
Established Member
Hey guys, I live in Wadsworth (west of Akron), I'm down at 42 all the time in the summer. For some reason I don't see to many cobras down there. Then again, I usually go on Friday night, I see a lot of GT's, Camaros, and of course a lot of 16 sec. imports. We should set a date for us all to go run, I have a few buddies with '03's that would come.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread