NCAA Tournament to be played without fans

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I expected this. NBA is going in this direction, too. It’s (sadly) going to get worse due to the panic produced by the media.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I expected this. NBA is going in this direction, too. It’s (sadly) going to get worse due to the panic produced by the media.

Virus or not, I think the country could use a few days of downtime to get back in some sort of order. Society has far too many morons who lack any rational thought. These are the people who couldn't find North on a map and would believe West is East if the media told them such. Politicians have been campaigning yet it is the end of mankind as we knew it? Is it difficult not to stand in someone's close vicinity? Is it difficult to cover one's mouth when coughing or sneezing? Is it difficult practicing basic hygiene and etiquette?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Virus or not, I think the country could use a few days of downtime to get back in some sort of order. Society has far too many morons who lack any rational thought. These are the people who couldn't find North on a map and would believe West is East if the media told them such. Politicians have been campaigning yet it is the end of mankind as we knew it? Is it difficult not to stand in someone's close vicinity? Is it difficult to cover one's mouth when coughing or sneezing? Is it difficult practicing basic hygiene and etiquette?

Hate to say it, but the Trump Administration has bungled the PR on this BIGLY. It is difficult for the overall populace to think rationally and stay calm when the Admin has screwed the pooch in their messaging from the start. It goes beyond basic hygiene and etiquette. People need our leaders to step up and convey a message of calm. They haven't done that, and the media pounce and make the situation 100x worse.

And this just in...

Exclusive: White House told federal health agency to classify coronavirus deliberations - sources

If you're gonna **** up, might as well go all in. SMH

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to say it, but the Trump Administration has bungled the PR on this BIGLY. It is difficult for the overall populace to think rationally and stay calm when the Admin has screwed the pooch in their messaging from the start. It goes beyond basic hygiene and etiquette. People need our leaders to step up and convey a message of calm. They haven't done that, and the media pounce and make the situation 100x worse.

And this just in...

Exclusive: White House told federal health agency to classify coronavirus deliberations - sources

If you're gonna **** up, might as well go all in. SMH
Yeah, bullshit.

Ya'll need to remember the world is bigger then the US and we are not isolated from global events.

Europe and Asia are already taking similar measures. Soccer (Football) games will be played without fans and televised. Schools canceled, factories shut down or issuing masks, gloves and safety training. Air Travel has crashed and burned.

This will destroy billions of dollars of global GDP by summer.

This is far more then your favorite news source or politician throwing some mud and pumping up the drama button.

In just a few weeks, Italy went from no cases to over 10k and 700 deaths. How many ICU beds do you think the average hospital has? How many people have to call of from your work before you can't do you can't function?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Media here is talking non-stop about the coronavirus and everyone I talk to is in a panic. It's like the world is coming to an end. The media is fanning the flames with their constant warnings, alerts, concerns, and on and on. Up here, colleges are shutting down classes for the next 3 weeks. Companies are shutting down for the month, including my brother-in-law's company, and now they're starting to ask churches to cancel Sunday services. What's next? Shutting down malls and any and all gatherings of more than 25 people? Common sense cleanliness practice, reinforced strongly by the media would make a lot more sense.

To put things in perspective, here are some 2019 statistics for flu!
In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
This is far more then your favorite news source or politician throwing some mud and pumping up the drama button.

In just a few weeks, Italy went from no cases to over 10k and 700 deaths. How many ICU beds do you think the average hospital has? How many people have to call of from your work before you can't do you can't function?

If you just toss out the 10K number it looks bad but adding context and sense and look what happens. Now I know even sense might not be able to penetrate the psyche of society but still, it is worth s try.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Media here is talking non-stop about the coronavirus and everyone I talk to is in a panic. It's like the world is coming to an end. The media is fanning the flames with their constant warnings, alerts, concerns, and on and on. Up here, colleges are shutting down classes for the next 3 weeks. Companies are shutting down for the month, including my brother-in-law's company, and now they're starting to ask churches to cancel Sunday services. What's next? Shutting down malls and any and all gatherings of more than 25 people? Common sense cleanliness practice, reinforced strongly by the media would make a lot more sense.

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.
It’s a bunch of bullshit.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
If you just toss out the 10K number it looks bad but adding context and sense and look what happens. Now I know even sense might not be able to penetrate the psyche of society but still, it is worth s try.

Exactly. Its a delicate balance. Reinforce that there is no need to panic, but the situation is not to be taken lightly. Provide instructions to the public of what they should be doing and not doing, and provide regular, transparent updates. If leaders (federal, state, local) could do this we would be in better shape. Instead, everyone seems to be missing the mark.

coposrv

Established Member
Playing in empty arenas are really going to screw with the odds makers.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Yeah, bullshit.

Ya'll need to remember the world is bigger then the US and we are not isolated from global events.

Europe and Asia are already taking similar measures. Soccer (Football) games will be played without fans and televised. Schools canceled, factories shut down or issuing masks, gloves and safety training. Air Travel has crashed and burned.

This will destroy billions of dollars of global GDP by summer.

The country that handles the coronavirus the best has to be Taiwan, especially considering their proximity to China. The US could have been more proactive. Hell, I live in Canada and I think the government is doing a terrible job here.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Unfortunately people here are very naive about what this virus is.
1. It’s 20x worse than the flu. 20x more deadly.
2. Young people are dying too. 15, 23 pro soccer player, plenty of late 20 doctors nurses...all dead.
3. Asymptomatic meaning you can spread the virus before symptoms.
4. Incubation time of up to 27 days.
5. Can remain on items for up to 9 days.
6. Killed over 60k in China already.
7. Iran is digging mass graves.
8. Italy is in trouble as well.
9. Help us all if it infects as many as a normal flu system....

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Great. States have 330 million. China has 1.2 billion roughly 4 times as many people and estimating 4 times as many flu deaths each year.
60k x 4 is 240k flu deaths in China. Divide by 12 would be 20k flu deaths each month on ave.
100 corona virus deaths by Jan 22 they lock down 11 million in Wuhan.

Why?

Have they ever done that for the 20k flu deaths? Why lock down for 100 deaths and not 20k deaths?

Why lock down over 700 million people at peak for less than 3k(mid feb) deaths when they typically lose 20k a month to the normal flu?

They know what we don’t....
Note from Iran:
B5B5B485-7449-4F8A-94BB-EAAB4977F6C8.jpeg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately people here are very naive about what this virus is.
1. It’s 20x worse than the flu. 20x more deadly.
2. Young people are dying too. 15, 23 pro soccer player, plenty of late 20 doctors nurses...all dead.
3. Asymptomatic meaning you can spread the virus before symptoms.
4. Incubation time of up to 27 days.
5. Can remain on items for up to 9 days.
6. Killed over 60k in China already.
7. Iran is digging mass graves.
8. Italy is in trouble as well.
9. Help us all if it infects as many as a normal flu system....
That's all LiberaL LIES from the Trump Hating media!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
That's all LiberaL LIES from the Trump Hating media!!
True!
Trump can’t win. If he saves lives and locks down borders no non essential travel stops all debt payments for 2 months people lose jobs and go broke some can’t eat.
If Trump saves economy and people die...
It’s a no win situation and a very delicate balance that can go to hell quickly.

It should be all travel international travel and all schools for until April then reassess.

Last edited:

verbal

Established Member
The NBA just suspended the season after Rudy Gobert of the Jazz tests positive for coronavirus.

“On Monday, Gobert joked about the virus by making a point to touch every single microphone and recorder that was in front of him during his media session.”

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
No more crappy films from him for a while?

Harsh? That's debatable. I find him way out-of-touch though with his updates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread