NCAA Football 4 team playoff

mcdover

Established Member
No doubt. It was over for bama when he transferred to Auburn High. I'm interested in seeing what happens with Matthews and Wiggins though with Matthews claim that all three will play together in college. No way Reuben ends up at UGA.

SEC is screwed if we end up with Foster and pick up Monty Adams to go along with Dee Liner, Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, and Tashawn Bower!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

Sorry, Bama is good, but LSU just wasn't as good as other teams at the end of the season. Now calm down, I'm not saying the SEC is not a top notch conference...relax and don't get your panties in a bunch.

LSU won with defense, but their offense was decent at best and the team did not get better as the season went on (which is the mark of a great team). Bama improved as the season went on, LSU blew their wad in the season opener. What part of this isn't true dicktard?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Sorry, Bama is good, but LSU just wasn't as good as other teams at the end of the season. Now calm down, I'm not saying the SEC is not a top notch conference...relax and don't get your panties in a bunch.

LSU won with defense, but their offense was decent at best and the team did not get better as the season went on (which is the mark of a great team). Bama improved as the season went on, LSU blew their wad in the season opener. What part of this isn't true dicktard?

There's no doubt that LSUs team was in shambles towards the end of the year.

But guess what, you don't punish a team for what you think MIGHT happen. They were the most deserving team of any last year. Don't act like you knew they would play as horribly as they did in the NC.

You're trying to use hindsight to claim they didn't belong. That's bullshit. LSU had the best resume of any team going into the title game.

Sometimes teams just don't play to their potential. But you know that being an Ohio State fan...

Jim Delaney's still a pussy.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
There's no doubt that LSUs team was in shambles towards the end of the year.

But guess what, you don't punish a team for what you think MIGHT happen. They were the most deserving team of any last year. Don't act like you knew they would play as horribly as they did in the NC.

You're trying to use hindsight to claim they didn't belong. That's bullshit. LSU had the best resume of any team going into the title game.

Sometimes teams just don't play to their potential. But you know that being an Ohio State fan...

Jim Delaney's still a pussy.

How many times does he have to tell you that he's not saying they didn't belong? He's saying if they played a 4 team playoff he doesn't think they would've advanced to the title game. It's a sad day when I have to side with an OSU guy simply because the SEC guys can't read.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You can't tell me that what you saw from LSU in the NCG convinced you that they were one of the top two teams in the country.

How many times does he have to tell you that he's not saying they didn't belong? He's saying if they played a 4 team playoff he doesn't think they would've advanced to the title game. It's a sad day when I have to side with an OSU guy simply because the SEC guys can't read.

Who can't read?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Who can't read?

YOU. I seriously hope you're hungover from the weekend. Where does he say they don't deserve to be there? He's saying that despite their ranking they were playing like shit and he doesn't think they would have made it past the first round of the playoff.

I would have felt a lot better about the NCG last year if the two teams who played in it played a semifinal game and beat either Okie State or Stanford. I'm not sure both would have played in the NCG if there were a 4 team playoff last year...esp LSU.

I'm just saying that I wasn't sure that the two best teams played in the NCG last year and that I would have been convinced that they were the two best had they won a semifinal against the #3 and #4 teams in the country (OKST and Stanford).

Under last year's setup LSU was undefeated and won a major conference. They deserve to be in the NCG. What I said was that if we had a four team playoff last year with the #3 and #4 teams in it I don't think LSU would have made it to the NCG...they stunk it up big time.

Debating with you guys is useless sometimes because you usually only see what you want to see.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
YOU. I seriously hope you're hungover from the weekend. Where does he say they don't deserve to be there? He's saying that despite their ranking they were playing like shit and he doesn't think they would have made it past the first round of the playoff.

Debating with you guys is useless sometimes because you usually only see what you want to see.

He's trying to debate about a hypothetical situation that doesn't exist--like he usually tries to do rather than focusing on the factual information.

I can without a doubt say that LSU was one of the top 2 teams in the nation last year. Arguing anything other than that is absurd.

A playoff didn't exist last year just like it won't exist this year.

Without a doubt in my mind, the best two teams played for the NC last year. What conference they were affiliated with has no bearing on that decision. They could have been from the Big East for all I care. It wouldn't change how good they were.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He's trying to debate about a hypothetical situation that doesn't exist--like he usually tries to do rather than focusing on the factual information.

I can without a doubt say that LSU was one of the top 2 teams in the nation last year. Arguing anything other than that is absurd.

A playoff didn't exist last year just like it won't exist this year.

Without a doubt in my mind, the best two teams played for the NC last year. What conference they were affiliated with has no bearing on that decision. They could have been from the Big East for all I care. It wouldn't change how good they were.

If you think they were that's fine, that's your opinion. They were undefeated and #1 and I think they definitely deserved to be there. A lot of people have a problem with 2 teams from the same division in the same conference playing each other for the title. Even mcdover thought Bama shouldn't have been playing. Jpro is just saying that it'd be an easier pill to swallow if those 2 teams had to go through the #3 and #4 teams in a playoff in order to face each other for the title instead of just sticking them there. After the way LSU sucked massive dick in the game it's pretty evident that they probably wouldn't have gotten by either of the other teams if they played the same way.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
If you think they were that's fine, that's your opinion. They were undefeated and #1 and I think they definitely deserved to be there. A lot of people have a problem with 2 teams from the same division in the same conference playing each other for the title. Even mcdover thought Bama shouldn't have been playing. Jpro is just saying that it'd be an easier pill to swallow if those 2 teams had to go through the #3 and #4 teams in a playoff in order to face each other for the title instead of just sticking them there. After the way LSU sucked massive dick in the game it's pretty evident that they probably wouldn't have gotten by either of the other teams if they played the same way.

Like I said, you can argue all day long on whether or not Alabama deserved to be there. But trying to argue anything about LSU is absurd.

He's saying something that wasn't plausible.

It'd be just as easy for me to say, "yeah I have a hard time crowning alabama as the champs considering they didn't win a 64 team playoff..."

It's the same exact stupid debate. That scenario didn't exist so you can't argue about it. If we were, we could argue every single year about the national champion as there's always a #3 that could potentially win.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
College football is all about arguing who would do what, it's the nature of the beast with flawed poll systems.

The point is, he never said LSU didn't deserve to be there, so you still can't read. :D

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
College football is all about arguing who would do what, it's the nature of the beast with flawed poll systems.

The point is, he never said LSU didn't deserve to be there, so you still can't read. :D

I have an argument then. Who's a bigger pussy--Jim Delaney or...Lisa Lampanelli's twat.

I gotta go with Delaney.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Delany has done a lot for the Big10 and made the schools a ton of money, but I haven't always agreed with his views. Makes no difference to me if people make fun of him. He does what he thinks is best for the conference.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Like I said, you can argue all day long on whether or not Alabama deserved to be there. But trying to argue anything about LSU is absurd.

He's saying something that wasn't plausible.

It'd be just as easy for me to say, "yeah I have a hard time crowning alabama as the champs considering they didn't win a 64 team playoff..."

It's the same exact stupid debate. That scenario didn't exist so you can't argue about it. If we were, we could argue every single year about the national champion as there's always a #3 that could potentially win.

The topic of the thread is the new 4 team playoff, not the SEC circle jerking of last January that you probably fantasize about every night before you rub one out before bed.

Since the topic is the 4 team playoff, why not apply it to last year since we had 4 teams (at least) that had a claim to play in the NCG. The #2, #3, and #4 teams showed up strong in their bowls and LSU did not. Each of those teams (Bama, OKST, and Stanford) all played well at the end of the year. I was hypothesizing that if there were a 4 team playoff last year (BECAUSE THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD IS THE 4 TEAM PLAYOFF) that LSU may not have even advanced to the title game. I also said the turd they laid in the NCG led me to believe they weren't as good at the end of the season (when a 4 team playoff would take place) as the other 3 teams.

And its really not about LSU or the SEC. I could name 6-8 teams that deserved to be in the NCG against LSU in 2007 instead of my Buckeyes. We didn't deserve to be there, but dominos fell each week until the end of the season and we found ourselves in that game. If there were a 4 team playoff that season, I don't think we would have advanced to the title game. We just weren't that good.

Users who are viewing this thread