National Boycott of Gasoline - May 15th

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Don't Pump Gas, May 15, 2007

If you need gas, get it the day before or the day after!

Don't Pump Gas - NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are asked to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in a lot of places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you need gas, get it the day before or the day after! This does get the oil companies attention. It woorked throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's and there is no reason it shouldn't work now.

Wall Street just announced this morning on the radio that gas prices will be set to $4.00 a gallon by mid summer. Either stop them now or we will pay even more later. It's up to you. A voice will be heard if we consolidate and not buy. No demand even for a single day amounts to billions lost at the pump when you consider how many folks buy gas in a single day.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
ok so we go the day before and spend
May 14th: $1,146,000,000.00 (more than that days normal Average)
May 15th: $0 (people still must get gas that day)
May 16th: $1,146,000,000.00 (more than that days normal Average)
------------------------------
Total extra spent on 14th and 16th - $2,292,000,000.00

Oil Companies still report the same earnings at the end of the 2nd quarter.
Only difference is that they dont collect interest in the bank accounts
for that one day on that amount (which is still a lot)

Just My opinion

RFH

Established Member
a good idea in principal, but like saleen said, will make no real impact.

if you want to show the oil companies what you think of them, drive less, get a smaller car and/or use E85... give them less $ every year just not on one day...

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i'm gonna be seriously depressed if gas goes up to $4 a gallon. What the **** is wrong with the world. Im just glad im getting a bike this week.

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
The only way a Boycott will work, is to Boycott only ONE Oil Company for a period of time. Skipping one day is useless!! Gas here is $3.50 a gallon for 87 octane.

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
The only way a Boycott will work, is to Boycott only ONE Oil Company for a period of time. Skipping one day is useless!! Gas here is $3.50 a gallon for 87 octane.

HOLY CRAP! Were dishin' out $2.8 for 87. Dang, I'm definately staying in Florida. Lower gas prices, no emissions tests, and such.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
juzlookzfazt said:
HOLY CRAP! Were dishin' out $2.8 for 87. Dang, I'm definately staying in Florida. Lower gas prices, no emissions tests, and such.

+1. I live in MA and i'm paying in the ballpark of $2.75 for 87.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:

I’ve been boycotting Exxon for 7 years, but I still buy Mobil 1. I’m a hypocrite:(

aaandht

Established Member
Never used Exxon since I got my license. If you really want this to work you need to NOT use any automobile for a day. By just not getting gas will do nothing. Hell I buy gas on Sunday all the time this wouldn't affect me.

Common

Established Member
Euphoric One said:
In related news, a planned national boycott of dumb ideas is scheduled for May 14th, so that may cancel this boycott out.

ROFL:lol: :lol:
sarcastic bastard

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
how about this......we all GET gas to fill up or top off on the 15th of may. that way nobody will have to go to the gas station for at least another 3 -5 days. and according to my useless calculations that would be like nine hundred bajillion dollars ($9.0 X 10^hundred bajillion). that would like put them out of business for good LOLZZ. then we can all hold hands, plant trees, eat salad and recycle.

:bored:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Like before stated the biggest difference would be to just boycott Exxon Mobil cause they make the biggest profits. By boycotting them for a day that would make a bigger difference than doing all fuel companies altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread