N/A, high compression, high rpm build ?'s

DOHC_GTS

YEA It's FAST
Established Member
My 322 CID DOHC with mild port work and cams made 440 rwhp and had over 400 RWHP from 5200 rpm till 7500. I am hoping to get close to 500 rwhp with a FR500 intake and extreme port work on the heads. I do not plan on shifting higher than 7500. At the end of the day if it only makes 475rwhp I will be very happy.

OldMillAuto

Established Member
My 322 CID DOHC with mild port work and cams made 440 rwhp and had over 400 RWHP from 5200 rpm till 7500. I am hoping to get close to 500 rwhp with a FR500 intake and extreme port work on the heads. I do not plan on shifting higher than 7500. At the end of the day if it only makes 475rwhp I will be very happy.
What intake do you have? Also what compression ?

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
xxSVTMonsterxx's 5.3 bb stroker (teksid) with 12:1 compression and a stock 99/01 intake made about 495 rwhp (mustang dyno) at a little over 7k, i've seen the car, i've seen the engine, i've seen the dyno sheet, it also ran on 93, not even e85 or race gas. So i'm being optimistic (for once) and saying you'll be pleasantly surprised if you go that route

black89lx

Established Member
just build pushrod motor. It will make more power , cost less, and weigh less!!!!

im with this guy. even though ive never built a mod car for power ( only worked on them at the dealership.) i have had some experience with pushrod aftermarket first hand. for the 8-10k yall are talkning about to get this power out of a mod motor. the pushrod is cheaper even after figuring in the aftermarket block. either way both setups are capable of 2000+hp.

DOHC_GTS

YEA It's FAST
Established Member
What intake do you have? Also what compression ?

I have a ported / short runner only / Aviator with a sheet metal plenum cover. and 11.5:1 compression.

I like to do HPDE and AX more than drag race, so i have what most would call small cams and chose the aviator for its longer runner than the sully. Going to the FR500 in short runner form may drop a lil low end hp but I will make up for it by switching to 4:30s since I just went to a six speed.

OldMillAuto

Established Member
I have a ported / short runner only / Aviator with a sheet metal plenum cover. and 11.5:1 compression.

I like to do HPDE and AX more than drag race, so i have what most would call small cams and chose the aviator for its longer runner than the sully. Going to the FR500 in short runner form may drop a lil low end hp but I will make up for it by switching to 4:30s since I just went to a six speed.

HPDE's are about the only track stuff I will do with this Mack. It's got full MM roadrace suspension. I have my fox coupe for drag racing

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
A short runner only FR500 would be a great intake for a big bore stroker in a lightweight vehicle and a short runner only Aviator would also work well. The Aviator upper needs a lotta work though.

corysmach1

Established Member
Some good talk goin on here guys....its crossed my mind to build a high comp. Motor on e85 and of course spray. I would do 13:1 comp. ported B heads (just cuz i have them and dont wanna mess with C head conversion) big cams and a sullivan intake. On E85 of course. I have no clue how much power that would get me but it sounds good?

OldMillAuto

Established Member
Some good talk goin on here guys....its crossed my mind to build a high comp. Motor on e85 and of course spray. I would do 13:1 comp. ported B heads (just cuz i have them and dont wanna mess with C head conversion) big cams and a sullivan intake. On E85 of course. I have no clue how much power that would get me but it sounds good?
everything sounds good but i dont believe sullivan made a b head intake but i could be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread