Mystichrome Leather Racing Seats (they now exist)

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
So for those who know me, you know I am not a fan of the factory 03-04 Cobra Seats. So those came out at 900 miles. (Not for sale).

I got my hands on the best seats I could find that I liked which were these leather sparcos. I hated they were blue in the center so I debated on taking the leather out of my factory seats. Luckily being lazy paid off. After 4 years I found some Mystichrome leather and had my upholstery guy fix these up.

Hope u like um, I'm sure they are one of the only sets out there.

953e4009c3f64ab19ee8b43a2adae6f6.jpg

a6c1fb4217d05795b5eb9d8c6bbb162c.jpg

Tractionless1

Established Member
Looks great but the blue harness overkill negates it all. Would be more worthwhile without them draped all over the seats, say with an OE seatbelt setup or even black harnesses.

Last edited:

TMIProducts

Established Member
They definitely help bring the seats back into the 'mystic' vibe that car requires.
Once the shift boot & E-brake are in there it will really all be tied together!

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
They definitely help bring the seats back into the 'mystic' vibe that car requires.
Once the shift boot & E-brake are in there it will really all be tied together!

I'll be ready for that today or tomorrow I think. I of course didn't get the measurements I needed yet.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Looks great but the blue harness overkill negates it all. Would be more worthwhile without them draped all over the seats, say with an OE seatbelt setup or even black harnesses.

You may be right. Originally, the sections were blue, so it made sense. Now, I am thinking black is probably a better choice. No chance on the factroy belts though. I still have them, but won't use them.

Tractionless1

Established Member
You may be right. Originally, the sections were blue, so it made sense. Now, I am thinking black is probably a better choice. No chance on the factroy belts though. I still have them, but won't use them.

Gotcha. I'd even pull the black belts back through the holes to show off the MC leather and tuck the submarine belt under the seat when not in use.

T0RCH3D

Established Member

+1

Couldn't agree more. I'd run black harnesses. Otherwise it looks killer, I bet those seats make you want to junk the factory seats!

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Gotcha. I'd even pull the black belts back through the holes to show off the MC leather and tuck the submarine belt under the seat when not in use.

+1

Couldn't agree more. I'd run black harnesses. Otherwise it looks killer, I bet those seats make you want to junk the factory seats!

I'm thinking this is the way I will go. Tractionless, I think I will leave the passenger seat dressed, and hide the belts for the drivers seat when she is at the show. Then you can see both I think.

T0RCH3D: Thanks. I didn't junk um, but I don't like how they feel. Makes the car feel loose and kinda like a truck to me riding up so high. These are tight and much lower. Makes carvin corners a bit more fun.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Sounds good, if someone produced MC racing seats like yours I'd put my OE's away and run 'em. Just can't bare getting rid of MC OE's for run of the mill crap everyone else has. Guess that's not an option with MC leather all gone through.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Sounds good, if someone produced MC racing seats like yours I'd put my OE's away and run 'em. Just can't bare getting rid of MC OE's for run of the mill crap everyone else has. Guess that's not an option with MC leather all gone through.

You don't know how close I came to tearing the factory seats apart for the leather. I tried to order factroy seat covers from Steve, but they were gonna be $1100. I have enough invested in these seats, that would have been ridiculous. Luckily, TMI saved the day and was willing to part with some. The guys at TMI have been awesome to deal with.

Tractionless1

Established Member
You don't know how close I came to tearing the factory seats apart for the leather. I tried to order factroy seat covers from Steve, but they were gonna be $1100. I have enough invested in these seats, that would have been ridiculous. Luckily, TMI saved the day and was willing to part with some. The guys at TMI have been awesome to deal with.

I didn't realize they had any raw pieces left over.................hmmmm.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Don't think too long. I ordered a full replacement set for my vert a few weeks ago and they said they only had enough material for 3-4 more sets.

Yea, I guess the secret it out. I found out they purchased it a while back and e-mailed them until they caved (j/k). TMI actually took really good care of me. Great company to deal with, you can't go wrong there.

TMIProducts

Established Member
I can keep this thread up dated and can give you a heads up when i get down to 2 sets. I'm sure you've got a bit of time.

Users who are viewing this thread