Mystichrome Leather Racing Seats (they now exist)

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
How much did this run you? looking to do something similar with my Recaros

Depends a lot on the leather/material you choose, and/or if you want to keep the material on your recaros.

Luckily the Spracos I have were 75% leather that matched the interior (the backs are fake), and the upholstery shop I used here (Stitches Upholstery) said it was pretty high quality leather (Should be, these seats retailed for 2k a pop, but we don't pay retail).

He said if I needed to recover the seats completely with a nice high quality leather it would have been between $1500-$1700 for the pair plus the cost of the Mystichrome leather (Between you and TMI). That was everything 100% leather. You can save money by getting different leather and making parts of the seat fake (like the back and bolsters). You really just need to find a quality upholstery shop in your area and get an estimate.

For him to replace the inserts and replace a small damaged section (1" cut) of one of the seats it was $300.

MTBSully

Established Member
Depends a lot on the leather/material you choose, and/or if you want to keep the material on your recaros.

Luckily the Spracos I have were 75% leather that matched the interior (the backs are fake), and the upholstery shop I used here (Stitches Upholstery) said it was pretty high quality leather (Should be, these seats retailed for 2k a pop, but we don't pay retail).

He said if I needed to recover the seats completely with a nice high quality leather it would have been between $1500-$1700 for the pair plus the cost of the Mystichrome leather (Between you and TMI). That was everything 100% leather. You can save money by getting different leather and making parts of the seat fake (like the back and bolsters). You really just need to find a quality upholstery shop in your area and get an estimate.

For him to replace the inserts and replace a small damaged section (1" cut) of one of the seats it was $300.

I have Recaro speeds like this:
speedwarepictures015.jpg

I am just wanting to do the centers in an suede/alcantara to match the factory rear 04 cobra seats. I hoping it only runs me around $300 or $150 per seat.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
I have Recaro speeds like this:
speedwarepictures015.jpg

I am just wanting to do the centers in an suede/alcantara to match the factory rear 04 cobra seats. I hoping it only runs me around $300 or $150 per seat.

My guess is the alcantara would cost that or better. Suede is a bit cheaper IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread