WANTED: Mystichrome Coupe/Convertible

Jr Mint

Established Member
In your last wtb thread from a year ago you said you wouldn’t pay over 30k for a sub 10k mile car mystichrome included. What exactly changed your mind?
The market is what changed it. I have sold some of my personal exotics for as much as $75k over sticker in the last 12-15 months. My post said over 10k miles, not under, and it made no mention of a mystic car from what I recall, as I was looking for a Redfire car.

That was also in Dec of 2021, the market did not blow up yet. I bought a 2015 viper with 10k miles and an Nth moto built motor for 115k in December 2021. Go look what that’s worth today!

Market has dictated price and sometimes when you want something, you pay. I’m an impulsive person, and sometimes I see something and send a wire. Everything since Dec 2021 has gone crazy.

Last edited:

ZiaRunner

Established Member
With that said, I think that 51k mystichrome terminator on BAT shows the market has gotten a bit soft from where it was 6 months ago.

4BrookeRanch

Established Member
Join the MC Market & 03/04 Cobra For Sale Facebook groups. There’s currently two 50-77k mile verts for $37-45k range.

Last edited:

Mystic Maniac

Established Member
There are at least 2 03/04 Cobra for sale FB groups. Could you be specific as to the exact names?

Found the one for 37K with 72K miles and many mods in AL on '03/04 Cobra for sale' FB page

Last edited:

TERMINATORSAINT

Established Member
Just came across one on auto trader. Not sure how to post the link. 61K mile Coupe, 34,500. Lakeland Florida. Cheers

Last edited:

ZiaRunner

Established Member
I think 40k probably isn’t over paying, 43k max. Anything beyond that is a premium… and maybe still worth paying if you think so.

I base it off a lot of things I’ve seen in the market but a couple recent examples would be the 6k mint mile MC vert that got bid to 51K on BAT and the original owner SB 7k mile mint vert posted here that no one bought and ended up going to a Ford dealer which you can still buy it today for around 38.9K.

Remember when negotiating verts are less desirable.

Mystic Maniac

Established Member
Thanks . Understood regarding verts being less desirable ( in the case of MCs anyway).
Do you have a link to the 38.9k one at dealer? Didn't see that one

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Original ad: SOLD: - 2003 SB Vert Completely Stock, Original Owner

I think this was the best vert out there at the time for the color/condition/price (all things equal, I’d still prefer mystichrome) and I may be wrong but it probably went to the dealer for less than the $38k asking since the dealer has to make money on it.

Dealer ad: Used 2003 Ford Cobra in Ozark, AL at Gilland Ford 1FAFP49Y93F318910

Maybe you can inquire on the MC and show them the ad for the Sonic Blue and use it as leverage to negotiate the price of the MC down. At the end of day, that SB seems like a nice car if you went that route. Good luck. I’ll post anymore if I come across them.

Last edited:

Jr Mint

Established Member
I offered you a perfect car. You can keep searching for a car at a better price and risk buying from a seller where who knows what you’ll get.

That cargurus car sold quickly. These cars do, especially priced right. Once I have a little more time I will be listing mine, until then, you have my number if you want a well sorted car.

ZiaRunner

Established Member
I offered you a perfect car. You can keep searching for a car at a better price and risk buying from a seller where who knows what you’ll get.

That cargurus car sold quickly. These cars do, especially priced right. Once I have a little more time I will be listing mine, until then, you have my number if you want a well sorted car.
Nice, how much are you asking for your 25k mile MC vert? Agreed. Priced right and they sell quick. Like the 30k mile silver coupe for 30k that sold on here in about a day. Most are priced 10k over what they should be. There have been about 40 sitting on auto trader for over a month for a ridiculous prices.

Last edited:

Mystic Maniac

Established Member

My reply was more of a rant, as this is the second time recently where an owner approached me, we spoke, agreed on price then ghosted me for some unknown reason.
As far as your car goes Jr Mint, I do appreciate your offer. However, the farther away a car is, logistically it gets more complicated. I wasn't able to get enough free time to go out and see your car before you headed out of town. If I can before you list it great, but I completely understand.
It's the guys who dangle a car in front of you then leave you in the wind that tick me off.

Jr Mint

Established Member
I think 40k probably isn’t over paying, 43k max. Anything beyond that is a premium… and maybe still worth paying if you think so.

I base it off a lot of things I’ve seen in the market but a couple recent examples would be the 6k mint mile MC vert that got bid to 51K on BAT and the original owner SB 7k mile mint vert posted here that no one bought and ended up going to a Ford dealer which you can still buy it today for around 38.9K.

Remember when negotiating verts are less desirable.
You can't really base values off cars that don't sell. It's also difficult to base values off auction results in general, as they vary greatly. Who's bidding that day, who had what to drink, or who woke up on what side of the bed that morning. The car didn't trade hands at 51k, had gotten bit to 59k 6 months prior, and the current owner is still holding it. It's clear they think the car is worth in the mid 60s and won't let it go for less. You can't go get the car elsewhere for less, therefor the value is the value. Sure, someone has to pay for it, but again, one hasn't sold for less, so the value can't be pegged at less.

Nice, how much are you asking for your 25k mile MC vert? Agreed. Priced right and they sell quick. Like the 30k mile silver coupe for 30k that sold on here in about a day. Most are priced 10k over what they should be. There have been about 40 sitting on auto trader for over a month for a ridiculous prices.
I will take 47.5 for mine. I've owned a few of these, watch the market pretty closely, and seems to be the right number. Now, I don't agree that the market on these is where is should be, but, I suppose after printing 5 trillion, it makes sense that these things went up.

These cars didn't go up in value, our money is just worth less, and we need more of it to buy stuff like this.

To the OP, you can try and hold out for a 60-80k example that you'll likely buy for around $35k, but those go quick, and from chatting with you briefly, won't make you happy. Those cars are tired and to get a clean, tight car, needs to be cared for and mileage needs to be low. Last, with rare cares like this, will almost guaranteed not be a local sale. Here is mine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 11.45.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 11.45.05 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 46

C2tuck

Established Member

25k miles and got it for $28k…

Users who are viewing this thread