Myrtle Beach Recommendations?

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
My Mother in-law has a habbit of planning my vacations for my wife and I. Since she pays for the place I can't really bitch too much, but lets just say I would have picked different vaca spot than she. This time she's picked a good destination, south Mrytle Beach.

I haven't been through there in about 15 years so I could use some recommendations from people that live or visit there. Places to eat, things to see, etc....

Since I'll have my in-laws there I have a sort of built in baby sitter, so a club or two could be do-able as well.

Thanks for the info.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
cherry grove is a great area. hope you got a house and not a hotel. houses are cheaper and have all amenaties and private. you will pay 2x for a hotel room. do the research

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
cherry grove is a great area. hope you got a house and not a hotel. houses are cheaper and have all amenaties and private. you will pay 2x for a hotel room. do the research

We have a house 1 block from the beach. We'll be there 07/28-8/4. It's in a gated community with a pool, gym, etc...

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
We have a house 1 block from the beach. We'll be there 07/28-8/4. It's in a gated community with a pool, gym, etc...

was planning a trip with quite a few people from here for mustang week for a house right on the beach. open back door, step on sand. but several had to cancel out.

i may still go tho, just a smaller house.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
What area will you be in? What kind of food do you like?

We'll be staying in Ocean Lakes, where ever that is.

As for food, I'll eat anything that was once alive. My wife and Mother in-law like the little small Mom & Pop places.

allister

Established Member
Been there a few times but for some reason I can't remember any of the places we ate at so must not have been worth remembering. If you're into margaritas tho hit up Senor Frogs! One of the best margaritas I ever had.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
go to Dicks in north myrtle. dont tell the wife and inlaws that they are supposed to be extremely rude and "dicks" to you. me and a buddy went and we didnt tell the wives...omg it was hilarious. they were complete jerks and even brought the wrong food to my wife and told her to eat it anyway...it was awesome.

being rude and a dick is the theme of the restaurant.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
go to Dicks in north myrtle. dont tell the wife and inlaws that they are supposed to be extremely rude and "dicks" to you. me and a buddy went and we didnt tell the wives...omg it was hilarious. they were complete jerks and even brought the wrong food to my wife and told her to eat it anyway...it was awesome.

being rude and a dick is the theme of the restaurant.

That's awesome. I'll do that.

I'll clue my brother in-law into it and we'll sit back and watch.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Went with my parents, brother, sister in law kids a couple of years ago. I slept on the couch and remained drunk almost the entire time. Literally I drank for breakfast. My father used a friends condo and it was beachfront near the pier. My recommendation is to drink a lot if you are going with family.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tim, I'm sure your in-laws absolutely love to be with family, but I hope that you and your wife get away for your OWN vacation-time regularly. Because that is important.

We haven't been to Myrtle Beach in many years, but it is a nice vacation spot. A lot of good advice given here as far as places to see and eat at. I hope you have a good time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you like red meat Rioz is great. King Kong Sushi is really good. If you like fresh local seafood Mr. Fish is a great spot (just don't let its appearance fool you).

SHOdown220

Established Member
River city on 21st ave n has my favorite burgers. Not my favorite beach to vacation to, but my favorite beach to get drunk at for sure.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
If you like red meat Rioz is great. King Sushi is really good. If you like fresh local seafood Mr. Fish is a great spot (just don't let its appearance fool you).

king kong?

yes its good, DONT go to kono's for sushi...lets just say its less than sanitary...trust me i know

Users who are viewing this thread