Myrtle Beach Mustang Week 05

DL

Established Member
I plan on going...

I called the Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach for 2 double beds Non Smoking and they said $159.00 to $169.00 per night. What rate did you guys get??

I called the Radisson and got a price of $129.00 a night..

Thanks

92StangMan

Established Member
To the WV people, what day are you heading down and what route you taking? Depending on the route, you care if I jump in with the caravan? I'll run in the back since I'll be driving my Dodge Dakota and not the 'stang. :)

As of right now, I'm heading down on Sunday the 24th but may go down a few days before.

Corey

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
True Blue Performance will be showing my car. I'm not going to be around and may be heading overseas before the show. If I can make it I'll try hard!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Again, I'll be headed down on Wednesday afternoon. This year, I'm staying at the Super 8 near Barefoot Landing. DaleM, I've seen your car numerous times at TBP. Oh well, everyone be safe on the drive to MB! One month away!!

01svtruck

Established Member
we just got our room at comfort inn and suites. coming down thursday morning and leaving sunday. oh man i cant wait!!

snkchmr 1

Check this out
050629-345-1120092469.jpg

August Mustang Enthusiast
I cant stress this enough if your going to show now is the time to register if nothing else show to support the event.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Well I have to work until late Thursday night which means I drive down on Friday and I don't make the show! :cryying: :cryying: :whine: :whine: But I will make the cruise in and I'll be on "the strip" Friday and Saturday nights! :beer: :rockon: :beer: :rockon:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
GeoSnake said:
Again, I'll be headed down on Wednesday afternoon. This year, I'm staying at the Super 8 near Barefoot Landing. DaleM, I've seen your car numerous times at TBP. Oh well, everyone be safe on the drive to MB! One month away!!
They are doing some head and cams for me, or so I hope! I have a friend sending me some "freebies", hoping to hit the 600's on a mild tune and a little more on race gas!
They've got one nice built white GT in the shop quite a bit, that thing is a monster!

Last edited by a moderator:

girlscan2

Established Member
I have a couple of questions about the Mustang Week. I was wondering at Rockingham Drayway if there is going to be any kind of swap meet or any vendors selling anything? From what I get on the website everyone is meeting at Hooters Thurs afternoon and driving to Rockingham? How far of a drive is that? You can either PM me with the info, im me on yahoo my id is melissa_luedi or email me at [email protected]. I would really like to come but I think the only day I can make it would be on Thursday...I do not think I can afford a hotel room by myself and I think I might have to work that weekend.....

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Driving Directions for the Mustang Week Dragnight Cruise

This year, the Mustang Week Dragnight will be held at the Rockingham Dragway! The cruise will depart from the parking lot at Hooters in North Myrtle Beach and with normal traffic should take about 2 hours. The founder of Mustang Week lives in Rockingham, NC and this is the route he uses to go to and from his home to MB.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, Hooters is located at/near Colonial Mall, near the intersection of US 17 and SC 22.

The cruise will leave the parking lot of Hooters and loop onto SC 22 (westbound) and follow SC 22 towards Conway, SC for 28 miles. The group will then merge to the right onto US 501 (northbound towards Dillon/Bennetsville, S.C.) and follow US 501 for approximately 28 miles. At this point watch for US 501 to merge to the right, down an off-ramp (Do not follow US 501 Business into Marion). Follow the large signs that say “Bennetsville.” Continue on US 501 for approximately 13 miles. Turn left, off US 501, onto SC 38 (westbound), towards Bennettsville, SC. Follow SC 38 for approximately 29 miles to Bennetsville, SC. At this point, follow SC 38 (Broad St.) into the town of Bennetsville and go 0.7 miles. Turn left onto E. Main St. (still following SC 38) and go approximately 0.2 miles (2 blocks). Turn right onto SC 38 BR/ Cheraw St. (northbound). Go about 0.5 miles and veer to the right onto SC 38/ Hamlet Highway. Be careful to watch for this sign, it’s easy to miss! Follow SC 38/ Hamlet Highway (northbound) for approximately 18.5 miles to Hamlet, NC. In Hamlet, turn left onto US 74 (westbound) and go approximately 1 mile. Turn right onto NC 177 (at Burger King) and follow NC 177 for about 8.5 miles to the intersection of NC 177 and US-1 (this is where the Rockingham NASCAR speedway is located). Turn left (southbound) onto US 1 and drive past the NASCAR facility. The entrance to the dragstrip is just ahead on the right.

Print these directions and bring them with you!!

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
So you have to register to go to the Meet N' Greet? Or is it a certain show that you have to register for?

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
The only event that you would need to register (or pre-register) for is the Car Show on Friday. Everything else requires no registration.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
be on the lookout for me riding around, I will be there alone and looking for people to hang out with
just look for one of the many R clones that will be there, only mine is yellow, whistles, and has VENEMOUS on the tag.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Hey guys I was wondering what you guys do when your car gets dirty because I am a freak about keeping my car clean. Oh and yeah if any of you guys see my me come talk to me. You'll see me, red with black bullits.

Users who are viewing this thread