My windows is possessed (convertible)

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
So it happened a couple times before during fall and spring but now is really driving me nuts. My rear window (driver side) works perfectly when it is cold outside but when temperature rises (like today 70 degrees) it doesnt go down, i didnt have problems during last summer when the temp was around the same everyday.

The damn thing just wont go down, the motor doesnt whine or grind, i just hear a little click. Then at night gets cold and boom the window works fine. What do you guys think? new motor???? or something else and why the hell does the temperature outside has to do with it???:fm:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It's the motor. Unfortunately the life expectancy on power window motors is not that great. You will likely be able to get it to move if you hit the panel near it while pressing the switch, but don't break anything.

Techs will do this when changing them to get the regulator into position to facilitate drilling out the rivets.

The contacts inside the motor get crapped up over time.

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
Thanks for the quick response, this sucks how difficult is to change the motor? besides the fact that i have a light bar.... pita to take it off

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
Don't know. My back windows don't move. :-D

Not a big fan of that whole cloth top thing.:nonono::-D

Yeah i understand, all that noise, sun and wind in your face....:coolman:

getting the interior panels out is much easier than I thought, read a how to on installing a CDC light bar or here 94-04 CDC Light Bar Installation

once out you can see the motor and all that fun stuff much easier.

I installed my own bar so i can get that out, is just time consuming.

Now really Why in the blue hell the window works in temps under 50 and over 85 and not in between????

Users who are viewing this thread