My Turbo Build. 2003 Sonic Blue Vert

drusmith

Established Member
^ that!!! I mainly just like the look of the Sullivan. The car will respond great in my opinion, at least enough for me! I'm excited to see the upper come together this week! I will post as soon as it's complete. Everything will be matte Black like the Valve covers.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Crazy you went to a 5.4L. Congrats! That's awesome.

As for as the Sullivan, like Badcobra said the auto will save you there if you have a little higher stall. If you had a stick, you might not like it. The intake plays a major role in how the car responds.

Edit: Oh, awesome you are going E85. You'll never look back!

Last edited:

badblacklx

Established Member
I think the main issue is, there is hardly any intake choices for these cars. Certainly even if you run a Sullivan, there is a way around making a little less torque under the curve. Get the right converter in the car and those perceived issues vanish.

I agree with the limited intake choice on a 5.4 engine. However a Sullivan intake on a 4.6 is not the best choice unless it is being spun to 8500. A ported short runner c intake is much better choice for the operating range of the stock ecu. A converter spec isn't going to change the mid range power production of the engine and that is what really determines the ET capability of the car. The Sullivan is a good intake in the right application don't get me wrong just sometimes not the best choice IMO. It does look nice though for sure.

:beer:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I agree with the limited intake choice on a 5.4 engine. However a Sullivan intake on a 4.6 is not the best choice unless it is being spun to 8500. A ported short runner c intake is much better choice for the operating range of the stock ecu. A converter spec isn't going to change the mid range power production of the engine and that is what really determines the ET capability of the car. The Sullivan is a good intake in the right application don't get me wrong just sometimes not the best choice IMO. It does look nice though for sure.

:beer:
I agree 100%. But the auto can make it somewhat better. There are some very fast Sullivan auto turbo cars that aren't spinning it that high. But wll matched to the combo would be best for sure.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
The Australian Boss 260/290 has a pretty broad power curve. But I'm not sure how that would work with your cams and it might actually become a mis-match situation. I honestly think with the converter flashing and multiplying the torque, the Sullivan will work. It's a little better also because of the larger displacement of the 5.4L.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I would talk to whoever is building your converter. They should be able to hep dial it in. A stall "number" is kind of irrelevant when it comes to turbo cars because the stall actually changes as the boost kicks in.

drusmith

Established Member
C6F47ECF-8AAB-4357-B863-76B8E9CCD4A0_zpspwcowl0n.jpg

gimlach94

Established Member
Lookin good brotha!! Keep up the good work. Glad to see another fellow cobra guy having some success in his build I'm at a complete stall until I can find some Time to get after it haha

Users who are viewing this thread