drusmith

Established Member
1EC35245-52E0-4E3E-8D26-AF77BCADF0F8_zpsn0uskljg.jpg

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Joyrider564

Established Member
Stock ecu for now

Where do you plan on placing your MAF since your BOV will be right next to the throttle body? The BOV will dump a ton of air that has been measured by the MAF, but not entering the engine when the throttle body is closed.

drusmith

Established Member
Got her back home. Still have some electrical, fuel lines, powder coat all parts matte black and other crap to do before we start here up.

The plan is to tune by Speed Density not MAF.

Last edited:

drusmith

Established Member
Update:

Well things got a bit crappy once again with the fab guy this time. I guess he thought it was okay to not complete the job he quoted.
- radiator/ fan no-longer fit, no brackets made
- no throttle cable bracket fabbed
- No MAF setup, So I have to re-do the entire charge pipe with MAF
- mount BOV down by the IC
- take bumper cover off to trim and remount (bumper to fender gap was way off)
- upper intake was not "up to par" with show car standards as requested prior top start of fabrication
- exhaust ends and isn't not hooked to back end. It just stops under the pass seat area. lol :rolling:

Needless to say a bunch of BS not done and not calculated and the most unfortunate part I lost a good friend. Wise words were given to me shortly after this all happened. Don't have anyone work on your car that you can't sue (thanks Robert).

So new upper has been purchased and will be here Weds. Car goes out for the list above to be completed when $$$ is available. I will try to do some of the work myself. Shooting for Sept tune.
24A027F7-3C4F-4888-A905-4484679F0C9F_zps0ri7bggq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

petersen302

Established Member
The good news is that you still have a lot of friends around here to help you through it, even if its just support. We all can't wait to see it and hear it run!

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
That's some crazy bad stuff. You have to wonder about some shops. I resorted to doing as much of the work myself. I learned and am learning a lot doing it. I won't go back to the old way.

Users who are viewing this thread