Established Member
So good for me!!!!!! :banana: Turbine is Huge!! So excited

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

drusmith

Established Member
Lookin good brotha!! Keep up the good work. Glad to see another fellow cobra guy having some success in his build I'm at a complete stall until I can find some Time to get after it haha

Thanks!!!! I know all about "stalls". I pay to have other do it for me because I travel so much for my job!

drusmith

Established Member
Mock up of the upper! The Aluminum is being welded this weekend! Post pictures for sure when complete.

image.jpg

mystickb1996

Established Member
vary nice nice build man, im from Michigan also Cadillac area.. its always been kinda difficult to find someone good that can tune around there.. i had my best luck going to Mike Post in chicago... he has been always vary helpful and teaches you a ton, knows his turbo cars that forsure as thats what he personally has. i cannot believe the Steve Morris blew 2 engines up!! thats unreal, tell me you didnt pay them for the work did you? i hope they paid for your engine the 2nd time around? i can see the first one they blew kinda them saying not there fault but the 2nd come on!! what kinda whp number you shooting for?

drusmith

Established Member
vary nice nice build man, im from Michigan also Cadillac area.. its always been kinda difficult to find someone good that can tune around there.. i had my best luck going to Mike Post in chicago... he has been always vary helpful and teaches you a ton, knows his turbo cars that forsure as thats what he personally has. i cannot believe the Steve Morris blew 2 engines up!! thats unreal, tell me you didnt pay them for the work did you? i hope they paid for your engine the 2nd time around? i can see the first one they blew kinda them saying not there fault but the 2nd come on!! what kinda whp number you shooting for?

I plan to have Don Walsh jr tune my car. He has done well with other turbo mod motors. And yes I paid for both and Steve said good luck. Worst experience ever with a performance shop. I file report with BBB!
We should hook up sometime this summer! Are you going to Ignace this year? Love that car show

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

drusmith

Established Member
How do u like the borg warner over the precision?

Not sure since we are still building the kit. Hope to have it all done in 6-8weeks. Drivable in 5-6. I want to powder coat all the other parts after all the wrenching is done and hope that keeps things from being scratched or marked up.

rockthemullet

Established Member
Looks eerily similar... lol

2011-04-02_19-51-00_301.jpg

2011-04-02_17-51-00_75.jpg

_DSC00771024x685.jpg

Good luck with the Livernois engine... I've seen quite a few blow up, but that was a couple years ago. I personally wouldn't use them, and they're very local to me.

I'd say you're in good hands with Donnie, to be honest. I would've said Kurgan in Chicago but he made the move down south. If you don't get what you're looking for out of Donnie, I'd go with CRT in Norwalk (as suggested previously in the thread).

drusmith

Established Member
Looks eerily similar... lol

Good luck with the Livernois engine... I've seen quite a few blow up, but that was a couple years ago. I personally wouldn't use them, and they're very local to me.

I'd say you're in good hands with Donnie, to be honest. I would've said Kurgan in Chicago but he made the move down south. If you don't get what you're looking for out of Donnie, I'd go with CRT in Norwalk (as suggested previously in the thread).

HAHA nice location! Looks pretty similar.

Livernois did the Heads That's all. They do much better work as of late now. Donnie is cool as shit and pretty sure he will be able to take care of me. Getting closer

rockthemullet

Established Member
HAHA nice location! Looks pretty similar.

Livernois did the Heads That's all. They do much better work as of late now. Donnie is cool as shit and pretty sure he will be able to take care of me. Getting closer

Yep, S475 here with a 1.10 and an 83mm turbine, through a reverse manual 4R75W. The only big difference I see is the radiator... I had a custom unit made and sunk it into the core support, trying to keep it away from the hot parts. Aside from that, pretty similar. Are you running the DP through the K? I was only able to squeeze a 3.5" between the K next to the starter, but I think it'll be just fine.

Donnie tuned my current Procharged Mach, among many other locals, he's good people. I'm about 20min from their shop, when do you plan to have the car out this way?

drusmith

Established Member
Yep, S475 here with a 1.10 and an 83mm turbine, through a reverse manual 4R75W. The only big difference I see is the radiator... I had a custom unit made and sunk it into the core support, trying to keep it away from the hot parts. Aside from that, pretty similar. Are you running the DP through the K? I was only able to squeeze a 3.5" between the K next to the starter, but I think it'll be just fine.

Donnie tuned my current Procharged Mach, among many other locals, he's good people. I'm about 20min from their shop, when do you plan to have the car out this way?

WOW, Auto too! Nice! Have you dynoed with your auto at all with a turbo? Just curious. Not sure about DP through the K. Looks like I have just a bit bigger Turbine and thats it. pretty much the same Turbo!

Yeah I am FB friends with Tony Campbell who had his 2 valve tuned by Donnie and ran a 9.9 through a 4R70W. . He pretty much convinced me to go with Donnie . Mid May hopefully. I will let you know right here when I'm heading out.

rockthemullet

Established Member
WOW, Auto too! Nice! Have you dynoed with your auto at all with a turbo? Just curious. Not sure about DP through the K. Looks like I have just a bit bigger Turbine and thats it. pretty much the same Turbo!

Yeah I am FB friends with Tony Campbell who had his 2 valve tuned by Donnie and ran a 9.9 through a 4R70W. . He pretty much convinced me to go with Donnie . Mid May hopefully. I will let you know right here when I'm heading out.

Right on, I'll keep coming back

Car hasn't been dynoed, had ECU connectivity issues last year so I ended up pulling all of the wiring on the front half of the car... just getting around to working on it again. You'll be movin before I will, that's for sure

Users who are viewing this thread