My stock Baseline dyno; Really rich

kilrb

Established Member
I took my '03 vert in to get a baseline dyno today. I bought the car last weekend with 32k miles. It appears to be stock, with the exception of a Flowmaster catback, and a K&N air filter in the stock air box. The numbers were nice (401/385), but the A/F was crap above 4,300rpm's. I thought I'd post the graph to see what my newfound wise brethren think about the situation. Is this A/F normal for a catback only? If I throw on a JLT CAI will it lean out, or do I need to have it professionally tuned, or perhaps use a handheld? The tech who ran the dyno said it could be possible that it was tuned for a pulley, and when they went to sell it, they put the old pulley back on and left the old tune.
Baseline.jpg

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I know on the stock tune, Ford made it go rich at the top end. Get the CAI, 2.80 pulley and have it dyno tuned. Oh, throw a X pipe on there too.

dusty158

Established Member
kilrb... i'm kinda of in that same situation. I bought my 03 cobra March 8th this year. Everything was stock (even had the paper airfilter, lol), but there may have been a ton of mods on it before I bought it, and the owner could have returned it to stock for the trade in. I need to get a tune just to see where I'm at...

Since then I've just added a k&n filter & steeda catback.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Throw an intake on that car and let it breathe. Looks like pretty decent numbers for stock.

kilrb

Established Member
Throw an intake on that car and let it breathe. Looks like pretty decent numbers for stock.

I had the tune shop order me a JLT RAI today, so I'll be sticking that on sometime next week. I also had a buddy who said I ought to clean the MAF while I have the intake off, as it can get gummed up and screw up the A/F by getting bad readings while dirty...

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
my stock tune was pig rich, even with intake/exhaust

it dipped below 10.0 above 4500 rpms

Users who are viewing this thread