My SS wheels are back from the powder coater!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Are your SS rims tight to the front brakes?

Funny you should ask. I just noticed this evening the driver's caliper is rubbing at the lower edge on the inside spokes of the rim. I pulled the rim and about 5 of the spoke have a slight rub mark, but not all of the spokes. So much for machining tolerances on these rims if they all aren't rubbing equally. And these are the rims Shelby puts on their 13-14 SS conversion. I am pissed!

Going to be calling Monday to see if they use a spacer.

Tom

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Funny you should ask. I just noticed this evening the driver's caliper is rubbing at the lower edge on the inside spokes of the rim. I pulled the rim and about 5 of the spoke have a slight rub mark, but not all of the spokes. So much for machining tolerances on these rims if they all aren't rubbing equally. And these are the rims Shelby puts on their 13-14 SS conversion. I am pissed!

Tom
I have the exact same issue, I thought maybe the shop was careless putting them on an had scraped the caliper. They're definitely tight, I can only slide the a sheet of paper between the caliper and rim

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Tom

Tom - Do you also have the high quality rotor upgrade that Shelby also installs on all 2007-2014 Super Snakes (the mounting surface where these wheels attach)?

Mine clear fine, no spacer.

R

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
UPDATE.

Spoke to Shelby today. These rims are designed to fit the 13-14 SS. Well, ALL 13-14 SS get the Wilwood brake upgade front and rear. So, these rims are not designed to fit the bigger Brembo calipers on the 13-14 OEM setup.

I am sooo disappointed in this. I just ordered 3 mm spacers for the front.

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
UPDATE.

Spoke to Shelby today. These rims are designed to fit the 13-14 SS. Well, ALL 13-14 SS get the Wilwood brake upgade front and rear. So, these rims are not designed to fit the bigger Brembo calipers on the 13-14 OEM setup.

I am sooo disappointed in this. I just ordered 3 mm spacers for the front.

Tom

After the Alcoa's were discontinued, these wheels (I believe are made by Modulare) became the standard wheel install on all 2007-2014 Super Snakes. I am not sure when they changed from Baer to Wilwood, I think it was around 2013?

I agree that it would be nice for this fitment info. to be more readily known so that an owner could decide ahead of time before dropping the $$$$.

Thanks for the info.

R

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Tom - Do you also have the high quality rotor upgrade that Shelby also installs on all 2007-2014 Super Snakes (the mounting surface where these wheels attach)?

Mine clear fine, no spacer.
R

No, I am running OEM 14 rotors front and rear.

Tom

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
20170130_104355_zpsbg1ghoia.jpg

20170130_104403_zpsmcbhysoi.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do like the lighter color that is portrayed in your original photo, but the actual color (darker) is nice as well. I'd love to see a photo of them mounted and installed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those look REALLY good on your GT-500. Good looking GT-500 by the way. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread