My son performs in his first ever gymnastics exhibition...

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Congrats, definitely looking good out there!
I was a gymnast for 10 years, competed nationals 3 times. I was in region 3 junior elite. Its been a while.. Bo Morris was my coach for half my time in the gym and is now the head or director of the USAG, or was. Then I was trained by Alex Shostak. He was a 2 time Olympian from Belarus.

Awesome. Sounds like you had a good time, and some good coaching.

Moving from Houston, TX to High Point, NC was a big change for Cole and his training. In Houston he was being coached by Jonathon Horton, and a few other high caliber coaches, but the level of training and intensity is lower here in NC. We went through a couple of gyms and 3 coaches before finding his current coach. It seems to be working out now, but I still wish the intensity level in training was higher here. He went from 3 hours a night 4 nights a week to 1.5 hours a night 3 nights a week.

WeakSauz

Established Member
Your son is going to get reeeallly strong when he hits puberty if he keeps this sport up.... He's already pretty cut up

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Gymnastics is great for overall strength and range of motion! Great job putting your son in gymnastics and supporting him. I have a 2.5 year old boy who loves jumping around and doing athletic things all the time and I can't wait to get him into similar things.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Gymnastics is great for overall strength and range of motion! Great job putting your son in gymnastics and supporting him. I have a 2.5 year old boy who loves jumping around and doing athletic things all the time and I can't wait to get him into similar things.

2.5 years old is a good age to start. Cole started at that age. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great follow-up video. He's grown in skill in those 6 months. I know how proud you are of him. My daughter started dancing when she was 2 years old. Danced until she was 18. Started a family. And now she's back into dancing. She started her own Zumba dance fitness studio and does 3+ classes a day with 40-50 women in each class. I think it is great to encourage our kids to their highest potential, whether it is gymnastics, dancing, baseball, or any other sport. I hope your son grows in his skill year after year. Enjoy these years my friend!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Looks great dude. I had a bunch of female gymnastics friends in college and they were the strongest girls I've ever seen. He's gonna be good if he keeps that up!.

IShb3w

Established Member
i took gymnastics at that age. i was always really nervous on the high beam, or i think that's what it's called. fear of heights. he looks to be doing awesome. at that age i had just started, so i wasnt doing the crazy "level 5" stuff that he is doing. that's awesome. what really impressed me was when he was playing around at the end of that first video and going from his back to his feet... on a very soft mat.. wow! I wish I still had energy/strength like that.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Great follow-up video. He's grown in skill in those 6 months. I know how proud you are of him. My daughter started dancing when she was 2 years old. Danced until she was 18. Started a family. And now she's back into dancing. She started her own Zumba dance fitness studio and does 3+ classes a day with 40-50 women in each class. I think it is great to encourage our kids to their highest potential, whether it is gymnastics, dancing, baseball, or any other sport. I hope your son grows in his skill year after year. Enjoy these years my friend!

Bob, I appreciate your post. I have tried to support my children in everything they do because I think that is what life is really all about. I do not want to look back 20 years from now and regret the things I could have done for them that I didn't.

You are dead on about encouraging them to reach their highest potential in everything they do. I do not care what my children choose to do in their lives as long as they do their best, and they are happy doing it :)

Thanks again Bob. I hope to be as happy looking back at the years raising my children when they are grown as you are looking back at your own. To me, that is what life is really all about :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread