My Review of the 2011 GT500

Supernova

Established Member
I keep reading that the spoiler is different on the SVT PP cars, but I don't notice a difference. Anyone have comparison shots?

Spectre500

23yrs USAF RET
Established Member
Great review

Very nice job with the writeup,

Im a 2010 owner, Wow is all i have to say for 2011, my 10 handles like its on rails, the new suspension should add to an already great package, n lower the stance a scosh, Gotta love the new intercooler, and flame sprayed cyl walls, and Aluminum block. The stripes will grow on you as the ass end will too. They put the GT500 0n a diet and thats great, but why did they change the wheel design. the 2010's wheels are gorgious.

2011 owner's are going to LOVE your GT500s :beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
the 2011 wheels are lighter than your gorgeous wheels, hence one reason for the change, other reason, is they are also gorgeous.

I'd like to know if the new intercooler will be an easy swap on the older models?????

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thanks very much for the review - definitely an amazing car.

Well, except for those butt-ugly wheels. Can you get the upgrade package without those crappy wheels?

im really diggin those wheels! much better than the stockers!

but hey, that's what the aftermarket is here for :thumbsup:

You will always have something bigger and better coming out. However, it's what you do with what you have that makes life awsome....IMO

Nice write up

yep. my good friend bought an LS3 C6 and didnt want to spring for the Z06, plus he loves the removable roof option. then, just after he buys it, they announce the grand sport which he fell in love with. that's how it goes..... the only way to "beat it" is wait till theyre all done making them, and then choose from the used crowd.

i really like the new GT500s, a LOT. and so much more that theyre adding to it, like those sweet vavle covers. but i still love the body of the 07-09 more.

but i cant afford any of the above right now so ill just live vicariously through my customers :D

I do not see the next gen making much more power

It is losing weight from this point on which is much better than more power

the 07 at 500 had plenty of power

we do not need more power!

how about even less weight and a real IRS perhaps

agreed. although as the old saying goes, "hp sells cars." they need to add 5 or 10hp at least to make it seem like a step up, even if they shave weight off. and not to mention, they definitely cannot add tons of hp due to even more stringent CAFE standards that are coming. hell, GM is even worried about the vette which gets fantastic mpg.

But why would you want an American muscle car with an automatic tranny?...kind of screams...GIRL....haha...

i would love to have an auto trans GT500! or at least a dual clutch like the new evos. nothing like sitting in heavy traffic with a manual :bored: ever jump into a modded lightning and just take off? its soooo nice to just hop and floor it! some times i enjoy driving my truck (L powered F150) more than driving my terminator. and at least with a dual clutch set up like the evo, you get the best of both worlds :p

and if you look at guys with modded camaros/trans ams, many of them are auto trans. werent most of the original muscle cars autos? or at least a LOT of them..?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
oh, and great write up and review :beer:

im digging that black with red stripes. has the authentic SVT Performance look to it lol

91svtbird

Established Member
Thanks to you all for your complements on my review of the 2011GT500! I'm glad to share it with this community and glad you all enjoyed it.:beer:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Great review!
Wow, Ford is just flaunting ass at the competition. :coolman:
I think the wheels look great.:rockon:
Be cool if it would hook in stock form so the mag drivers could post some deserving 1/4 mile numbers. :beer:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So if I place an order on one of the 2011's how long till I will get it? I've never ordered one. I'm either going black with black stripes, or gray with black stripes. No performance pack.

chuckstang

Established Member
So if I place an order on one of the 2011's how long till I will get it? I've never ordered one. I'm either going black with black stripes, or gray with black stripes. No performance pack.

why no performance pack, you dont have to get stripes on it

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Well, I almost bought a 2010, but pulled out. I just drove an '07 and realized that the weight is a big issue. So now I'm thinking the 2011 performance pack.

By the way how does the 2010 compare to the 2007 in driving feel. They had a 2010 but it was sold and I could not drive it. I prefer the feel of the 2003 over the 07, and wondered how the 10 would feel.

Wonder if you would have any problem telling the dealer you want the regular wheels with the performance pack. I'd probably just get the stripe delete.

It sucks to be so picky.

Last edited:

SVTLightningSD

Established Member
Did anyone happen to notice the SUV in the background of the picture at what appears to be SVT's skunkworks? Wonder if there is an SUV in the works? A little off subject, but related to a photo in the post.

J

Dave07997S

Established Member
Did anyone happen to notice the SUV in the background of the picture at what appears to be SVT's skunkworks? Wonder if there is an SUV in the works? A little off subject, but related to a photo in the post.

J

J, that's the SVT Raptor..it's already being released.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I really like the red with the glass roof, no stripes though. With the stripes being so thin it looks like they came off a riced out eclipse .

Users who are viewing this thread